Hello and question
Hello to all!
I just joined the forum from germany with a specific question in mind.
Some time ago I found a note about Doug Thompsons gouges with pretty complementary comments.
I got interested and tried to get in touch with Doug.
Unfortunately there has been no response so far, even that his website seams to be still live an also offers product shipments oversea.

Does by any chance someone out there know whether he is still in business,?

I would really appreciate a hint.

Thx in advance and good luck to you all.

rgds
Hermann
He is still much alive and doing business. His gouges are the best in my opinion and his customer service is bar none.

He is. As all business and retired from his career so he travels a lot. The best way to reach him is always on the phone. He is also active on his Facebook page.
Thx a lot.
That's what I wanted to hear.
Rgds
I have his 5/8" bowl gouge he makes for Lyle Jamieson but can only get it from Lyle Jamieson's web site.  Really nice tool.

https://lylejamieson.com/product/signatu...n-handled/

He also has several good YouTube videos to watch as well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Willkommen!

As others said, he's still in business.  They just had a booth at the recent Saratoga Woodworking Show.  And his tools are the best.
Welcome Hermann
Smile Doug's tools are well worth the wait and shipping cost, no matter where you're at. Prices are unbeatable and the steel is fantastic. I have... well, let's say a few
Smile of his tools and love them all!

The only hard part is when he has run out of a tool and you have to wait for him to replenish stock as he is a small business. The patience pays off though!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem