Another post about Dust collection gave me an idea and
Thumbs Up 
and a question.

1.  I know the propellers are the main source for creating the suction.  Has anyone found the correct size and pitch to see just is the perfect setup??

2.  This one is the one of the biggest how to route the dust outside and somehow put a valve or vain or something to route the warm/cool air are back in????

Any ideas so maybe we can all use it???
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
No body has any ideas????
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

What you're thinking about is called a "heat exchanger".  Search the web and you'll find several suppliers of them.

Two problems:
     They ain't cheap
     The dust might give them problems.

I did some research on them a couple of years ago for my brother who was growing mushrooms at the time and needed something like 6 air changes/hour and the heat bill was killing him.  (He never got one; marketing problems killed the business before he could try one.)
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Be confident that just about whatever you come up with has been done already. Lol
(04-23-2019, 01:42 PM)cvillewood Wrote: Be confident that just about whatever you come up with has been done already. Lol

That just gave me an idea.  Like the WW2 aircraft and the newer prop jobs can change the pitch while flying for faster flight or more fuel economy and maybe it can be done to this as well?

(04-14-2019, 02:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: and a question.

1.  I know the propellers are the main source for creating the suction.  Has anyone found the correct size and pitch to see just is the perfect setup??

2.  This one is the one of the biggest how to route the dust outside and somehow put a valve or vain or something to route the warm/cool air are back in????

Any ideas so maybe we can all use it???

Just blow it on out. I've never noticed a heat loss in my shop from the collector running.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What you're considering is called a heat recovery ventilator or "HRV". The prices on HRV's are starting to come down now that fresh air is becoming more of a factor in building codes inspired by tighter construction in response to meet Energy Codes. The deciding factor is that by the time you filter the air enough that it won't compromise the efficiency of the HRV is it clean enough to just keep inside?
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(05-04-2019, 11:13 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: What you're considering is called a heat recovery ventilator or "HRV". The prices on HRV's are starting to come down now that fresh air is becoming more of a factor in building codes inspired by tighter construction in response to meet Energy Codes. The deciding factor is that by the time you filter the air enough that it won't compromise the efficiency of the HRV is it clean enough to just keep inside?

And to that end, a high efficiency cyclone separator passing mostly clean air to high-efficiency filters is about the only way to do what the OP wants to do, and that technology is mature and all over the place.  No real benefit in having the cyclone outdoors at that point.

Or just do like I and many others do, like Stwood above - run it through the cyclone and blow it outdoors.  Put the cyclone outdoors (push-through), or the cyclone and blower, or just the blower outdoors (pull-through), but blowing the finest flour right out of the shop works for me, though very little ends up visible in the show in the window well where I exhaust the air. 

And I don't run it enough to worry about heat loss.  It's a basement shop, so some leakage through the ducts warms it, and the floor is warmer than the makeup air, and I like cool air to work in anyway, so it's all good for my needs.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"