Looking for Design ideas, sort of Cupboard-like
Thanks for the vote!

I got the new 'latch' made out of the shop-glued veneer-plywood which sort of smelled like lignum vitae when I cut it.  Also there is a 1st coat of wiping varnish on the carcass now.  The milk-painted legs, after some alternative trials on a test-board (seen below) are now just coated with some Howard's Feed-n-Wax, which looked more low-key than other things (the Kiwi black shoe wax was especially too glaring).

Here is a view of the back portion which is mostly resawn sassafras:

Every project should be named, right?
- Fluted Femme?
- Wainscot Woman?
- or....

(Indiana owes a lot to Clabber Girl... Mr. Hulman of Clabber Girl wealth bought the Indianapolis 500 Raceway back in the day...)

Stay cool this weekend!

Chris
Chris
The Clapboard-Girl has come upstairs!   I got the cabinet fastened to the legs, and all that's left is to lay the walnut deck boards inside.

We looked and looked and couldn't rationalize any place in the always-sunny great / TV room.  On the other hand, a nice, dim, temperature-controlled part of the dining room looks like it needs a Wine Cabinet.   Everything looks more proportional there.   Clapboard Girl likes standing next to Tall Boy.

Thanks for watching

Chris

Chris