Airbrush advice
I'm looking to up my finishing game for some of my CNC carvings and am contemplating an airbrush, My final decision is down to two different models. I would like some input from some of you guys or gals that use airbrushes for finishing your work.

I am looking to use acrylic paint and also Trans Tint dyes on my projects.

My final choices are down to the following

Thayer & Chandler T61-1 Vega 2000 Airbrush

Iwata-Medea NEO TRN 1 Trigger Airbrush

Thanks in advance with any input on this.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
i'll add one to consider: iwata HP-CS
https://www.iwata-airbrush.com/iwata-eclipse-hp-cs.html
I'd either go with something simple like a siphon-fed Badger 250 (which is also available as a 250-4 which has a larger jar for working on larger projects).  These are extremely simple devices that will lay-down a nice finish and are exceptionally easy to clean.  Think mini Critter sprayer. They'll also handle thicker media that other airbrushes.

If I was going to step-up from that, I'd want something that can do a fan pattern.  Iwata is probably the favorite.  

BUT, Procon BOY comes from the same factory and many (all?) parts are interchangeable.  And the savings are tremendous.  Just have to have it shipped from Japan.  Here is a unit with two tips (both 0.5mm I think) including a fan tip:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GSI-Creos-Mr-Pr...SwX-pZq8Ef

Hope that helps and sorry if you wanted only selections from your links.

Also I think Iwata makes guns that are airbrush-like in their need for little air, etc. They have I think 0.8 or .09mm tips, too. But you're getting into several hundred dollars for new. If you're patient, I've seen used go for $60 on eBay.
Before you drop a ton on a high end air brush, consider trying a cheaper knock-off first. Many are very good. I have several Master G-series airbrushes and have never had an issue with them. Master is TCP Global's house brand. If you're worried about parts, buy several because they are a whole lot cheaper than the Iwata or other high end guns. Whatever you buy, make sure it's a 2 stage air brush. Much easier to use and control than a single stage. Master G-23  $25.00. Check Amazon too, sometimes TCP Global sells them cheaper there. 
There are several other Master guns with larger capacity cups but I haven't found a need for a larger cup. A little media goes a long way.

These were all done with a Master G-23
[Image: ZQofarv.jpg]

[Image: 4p8hwb1.jpg][Image: wgItqby.jpg]
[Image: 1Ks6riC.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I'd also caution against a "trigger" type gun. IMHO, they aren't as easy to hold steady when shooting. Some people like them, I don't. The key to steady, fine airbrushing is holding it with both hands. It stays much steadier that way. The trigger (again, mho) gets in the way of that.

TCP also sells kits which include hoses and fittings, extra needles etc. Look into those too. Some kits have several different air brushes. Here's an example. Multi brush Kit

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-19-2019, 06:33 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Before you drop a ton on a high end air brush, consider trying a cheaper knock-off first. Many are very good. I have several Master G-series airbrushes and have never had an issue with them. Master is TCP Global's house brand. If you're worried about parts, buy several because they are a whole lot cheaper than the Iwata or other high end guns. Whatever you buy, make sure it's a 2 stage air brush. Much easier to use and control than a single stage. Master G-23  $25.00. Check Amazon too, sometimes TCP Global sells them cheaper there. 
There are several other Master guns with larger capacity cups but I haven't found a need for a larger cup. A little media goes a long way.

These were all done with a Master G-23
[Image: ZQofarv.jpg]

[Image: 4p8hwb1.jpg][Image: wgItqby.jpg]
[Image: 1Ks6riC.jpg]

That's some very nice work.  
Yes   The blue looks incredible!
(04-24-2019, 04:39 AM)KC Wrote: That's some very nice work.  
Yes   The blue looks incredible!

Thank you. Those three tanks are all the same. I used it for practicing different styles of air-brushing. My favorite is the orange one.
I got into that business at the end of the housing boom. Apparently all the people buying $60,000 choppers and custom painting their Harleys for $10,000 got the money from refinancing their homes. It went from $10,000 to $5000 to paint a bike to $5000 to buy a used custom bike and $500 to paint one. Fortunately there's plenty of bumpers and fenders to fix so business as usual. Now I use my air brushes to spruce up my fishing lures.

Less time painting, more time fishing.
Again, those pricey air brushes are nice. But not several hundred dollars nicer than the ones I use. Spend the money on good paint and finishes and reliable air pressure and nobody will know you used a $25 air brush. Kind of like remodeling the kitchen instead of fixing the leaking roof. The kitchen sure looks great except for the buckets catching rain water. Nobody cares how much was spent on the air brush, the paint doesn't care. If it's of decent quality and maintained, it will shoot as well as a $300 airbrush.

[Image: QzbOwxs.jpg?1]

... Kizar Sosay