Brown paper supplier?
Question 
I don't even know what to search for--I'd like to buy a big roll of that brown paper to lay down on my bench for glue ups.  Where do you buy yours?
Semper fi,
Brad

I shopped this for a bit and Amazon.com seemed to offer the best prices.  But watch the weight of the material and the lengths of the rolls.  These seem to be all 3rd party sellers and the prices are all over the place.  I bought 24" wide material.  For a bench I think 30" material might do better.

Also consider freezer paper.  It is waxed on one side and glue is less likely to stick to it.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Found some. Thanks.
Semper fi,
Brad

I use the red rosin paper from the big box stores. Reasonably priced and easy to replace.

Curious what weight and size rolls you fellas order?
(04-18-2019, 03:16 PM)jamesglenn Wrote: I use the red rosin paper from the big box stores. Reasonably priced and easy to replace.

Curious what weight and size rolls you fellas order?

900 feet of 40# paper at $30.52 + tax (Prime).  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AI6...UTF8&psc=1

Mine used for a menu board:

[Image: paper.jpg]

And this:

[Image: paper2.jpg]
Kraft Paper is what I call it and it's available at Lowe's, Home Depot, or most any big box store.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Been several years, but I used to get all paper, tape, and packing material from U-Line, a huge online supplier.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-18-2019, 01:18 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I don't even know what to search for--I'd like to buy a big roll of that brown paper to lay down on my bench for glue ups.  Where do you buy yours?

Melamine over top works just fine for me on assembly bench.  In addition to rejecting glue drips I might not damp rag instantly, it assures a true plane for assembly, and provides clamp down access to keep me from having to chase things around.

For finishing, butcher paper would be my choice, if I didn't have latex-coated paper endrolls from a nearby mill.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(04-18-2019, 09:45 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Been several years, but I used to get all paper, tape, and packing material from U-Line, a huge online supplier.

+1   24" x 900' ~ $29

you can also purchase the roll holder/cutter. (not cheap, but handy)  You could also easily make your holder & cutter.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
(04-19-2019, 06:49 AM)Joel H. Wrote: +1   24" x 900' ~ $29

you can also purchase the roll holder/cutter. (not cheap, but handy)  You could also easily make your holder & cutter.

Joel

I made my own bracket using these brackets and a dowel:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A9F...UTF8&psc=1

However kraft paper tears so easily the tearbars do not work very well.  I keep a single edge razor blade handy and slice the paper off when needed.

I included a nicely sharpened tear bar with my menu board (shown in my earlier post), but I never use it.  The last 1/3 of the tear is always ragged.

Keep the razor on a magnet:[Image: liberty-cabinet-latches-c080x0c-w-p-64_1000.jpg]