Drawer Slide Conundrums
There are slide systems available for this application. You apply a front.

They work similar to how the vertical pantry systems work.

Google "vertical spice rack cabinet" you'll see what I'm talking about.
In drawers that small, particularly if they only need to hold spices, why use ball bearing slides at all? A traditionally fit drawer will slide just fine.
(04-21-2019, 07:12 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: One slide on its side should be sufficient but knowing my family I’m going to try using two. Regardless they may require a little more effort to close to where the self closing mechanism takes hold, but I doubt it would be any more effort than closing a regular drawer.

I just completed 2 vanities with two 100# full travel self closing slides on each drawer bought at Lowes (in a hurry) The drawers were very difficult to pull out  as the self closers on the slides were pulled "over center" (for lack of better terminology) to the point that I was going to order other slides to replace these. A friend suggested removing the self closing mechanism from one side. Perfect solution--the drawers work lke a charm. Bath redo will be complete this week. Ta Da!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Well I installed them with 2 slides each on their side as undermount slides. It works!
I did experiment with using one with and one without the self closing mechanism but in my case they pull close better with two. But I might eventually just remove the self closing mechanism on both as they don’t work very well on the side configuration.
Fully loaded and fully extended the leading edge does sag almost an inch.

I want full extension slides on these to make them easily accessible all the way.
I didn’t find any undermount slides that were not like the Blum style and the brackets do not fit these narrow drawers. But I’ll take another look around later.
We don’t want faces on these as they are on adjustable shelves, so that can be changed to accommodate future changing needs. Just a door face will be in place.
Ray
(04-27-2019, 10:01 AM)Alan S Wrote: In drawers that small, particularly if they only need to hold spices, why use ball bearing slides at all?  A traditionally fit drawer will slide just fine.

+1
(05-01-2019, 06:19 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: Well I installed them with 2 slides each on their side as undermount slides. It works!

Yes it works. I've done that with drawers, spice racks, can racks, pullout shelves......

I got beat up pretty bad some time ago by suggesting using slides as undermounts.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Why would you have to lose any height to side mounts? No board under them is needed. Just screw to the sides of the case or face frame, attach with bracket to back of cabinet and then to the sides of your boxes.