MLCS Rocky 30
(04-28-2019, 06:18 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: I sold a Bosch and bought a Grizzly mainly for the plunge base. I wanted a light compact plunge router and didn't feel like paying as much for a Bosch plunge base as I paid for the whole Grizzly kit on sale. I also had an early Colt so had the depth adjustment challenges, I was able to get it to work but it was not a favorite. I haven't used the Grizzly beyond playing with it and making sure there were no issues with it. If I just wanted a trim router I'd probably have kept the Bosch but I wanted plunge capability as well.

Going to take the "plunge" on the Rocky with plunge base. I improvised a guard for the Colt from, of all things, a piece of a plastic peanut butter jar.
(04-28-2019, 06:18 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: I sold a Bosch and bought a Grizzly mainly for the plunge base. I wanted a light compact plunge router and didn't feel like paying as much for a Bosch plunge base as I paid for the whole Grizzly kit on sale. I also had an early Colt so had the depth adjustment challenges, I was able to get it to work but it was not a favorite. I haven't used the Grizzly beyond playing with it and making sure there were no issues with it. If I just wanted a trim router I'd probably have kept the Bosch but I wanted plunge capability as well.

This one?

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...ase/T27139
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(04-29-2019, 09:58 AM)Rob Young Wrote: This one?

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...ase/T27139
Yup, and I thought I got a screaming deal at $79. I think anyone who uses an edge guide a lot may well be disappointed, that to me is the weakest part of the machine though I may not know what I'm doing and how to use it correctly. Wouldn't be the first time
Blush