Why 6" ducting?
(04-24-2019, 02:50 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: My ICS sawstop was that way with 4" hose internal and internal shroud. I wonder how many people would mod their sawstop? I actually bolted on a flange that encloses that port and opens up the cabinet as well. I have an 8" drop to the saw though so I had some room to work. Positive I could have done the same with 6" though with less cabinet opening up.

I was thinking of what you did when I typed my reply, and wondering how well it's working. Are you happy with the way it turned out, I might be willing to do the same thing, although on mine the ducting would be 6".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I really like it. I have a big dc though.

6" would be pretty perfect too or even add a 4" to cabinet and run the other 4" to shroud.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(04-25-2019, 09:54 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I really like it. I have a big dc though.

6" would be pretty perfect too or even add a 4" to cabinet and run the other 4" to shroud.

I gotta imagine your DC is on a whole another level, but then again, your whole shop is on another level. 
Cool 

I did the dual 4" as mentioned for my TS with one going to the above-the-blade shroud:

[Image: IMG_1805_1024.jpg]
I'm set up the way Cian is, 4" to the cabinet, and then 4" to the Excalibur. I suppose I could run an additional 4" into the cabinet, that might be easier than making a 6" hole in the back and putting the shroud hose in it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-26-2019, 05:29 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I'm set up the way Cian is, 4" to the cabinet, and then 4" to the Excalibur. I suppose I could run an additional 4" into the cabinet, that might be easier than making a 6" hole in the back and putting the shroud hose in it.

It was actually pretty easy using the flanges from Nordfab. I think even if I was just adding another 6" Id still use one. Shy of the fact they are about 40ish dollars plus a transition to hose nipple, that flanges seals up amazing and if you want even more they offer a pre-made gasket for it too.

Mounting, In my case I just marked out where the mounting holes needed to be and then drew where the internal hole would be - in my case that was moon shaped as I left the 4" port in there so it would suck through the internal shroud. That flange made a great way to attach it to the saw.

Make sure you can accommodate the SP that adding a 3rd 4" will add.

Ill post up a thread on the whole other level comment - got some Becker vacuum pumps the other day for vacuum clamping on the CNC bed THROUGH MDF. LOL!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(04-26-2019, 08:19 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Ill post up a thread on the whole other level comment - got some Becker vacuum pumps the other day for vacuum clamping on the CNC bed THROUGH MDF. LOL!

Cool
Beautiful shop... one could eat off that floor! Looks cleaner than my house.