Your 3 HP DC's power consumption?
(05-01-2019, 02:14 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: 4 HP
All 6" main piping, in the floor. I also blow it all outside. No bags/barrels to contend with.
Never noticed/tracked collector cost. Have no interest in knowing. Gotta use it, use it.
I'm no longer in business and it doesn't run every day now, just occasionally.

Do you have a screened in shed or something that it blows into?  

John
(05-01-2019, 06:00 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Do you have a screened in shed or something that it blows into?  

John

I've always thought I'd put a cover over the trailer, but it hasn't happened.

Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18211]

That pic reminds me when a guy loaded his pickup to the max with sand as he always had done. As he was hauling it, a huge rain storm came. The sand soaked up so much water he was stuck on the road- it looked as though the extra weight busted his axle.

Any time you can, distribute the elect load by using the tools 240v wiring connections (If it's an option). Making the load on the panel more even can allow you to run more tools at one time.
(04-24-2019, 04:06 PM)SpiderDave Wrote: Surely this has come up, but I couldn't find much.  I have a 3HP dust collector and nothing to compare to, as this is my first.  I was wondering from those of you who have dust collectors out there.  If you don't mind,... what DC unit do you have, how many hrs average does it run a month and what would you guesstimate is your cost of running it?  I know that might be a difficult question to answer considering there are other tools and lights etc running too, so how would you know?  Maybe if you already all of that previously and either didn't have a DC or worked outside instead before you had any dust collection?  Did you notice much of a difference in your electricity bill when you started using a dust collection system later on?  BTW, isn't it over all cheaper to run 220 than 120?

If it makes you feel better, the electricity you use to run the dust collector will degrade into heat, reducing your heating cost in the winter. (Most energy degrades to heat.)