Mower for small yard
hot top yard and paint green
(04-25-2019, 05:24 PM)oldmanktm Wrote: hot top yard and paint green

Thanks...surprised I didn't think of that before...
(04-25-2019, 03:47 PM)brianwelch Wrote: Thanks...I did a cursory search and didn't see anything current.
Will check again...

I think this is the one, since I replied in it. 

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7342002
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(04-25-2019, 09:00 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Daughter and SIL just purchased a house in the Bay area (Calif). ~6,000 sf property. Looking for a recommendation for a mower for a housewarming gift. Was considering battery, but my experience with 3/4 acre has only been gas, 21" Honda then bumped up to 48" walk behind...
Suggestions welcomed ...
Thanks in advance

Only part of my yard is sodded and irrigated so the amount that has to be cut in the summertime is small, relatively speaking. I bought this cordless electric mower at Home Depot a couple of years ago. This will be my third summer using it and I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Will never go back to a gas mower.

Doug
(04-25-2019, 09:00 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Daughter and SIL just purchased a house in the Bay area (Calif). ~6,000 sf property. Looking for a recommendation for a mower for a housewarming gift. Was considering battery, but my experience with 3/4 acre has only been gas, 21" Honda then bumped up to 48" walk behind...
Suggestions welcomed ...
Thanks in advance

I have used a reel mower since 1959. I would recommend it for small yards especially because of the fine cut. 

[Image: 8212_6756_large.jpg?yocs=17_1c_&yoloc=us]
My next mower will be a cordless.  I have a moderate size lot for a city.  It takes an hour to mow so I figure battery next time; don't have to worry about it starting in the spring.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(04-27-2019, 06:55 AM)wmickley Wrote: I have used a reel mower since 1959. I would recommend it for small yards especially because of the fine cut. 

[Image: 8212_6756_large.jpg?yocs=17_1c_&yoloc=us]
Those things are great for a small yard.
Late to the party...but for something that small, i agree that a reel mower is the way to go. Takes up a lot less storage space too.

If you insist on battery, I've heard good things about several brands: Black and Decker seems to doing well in the outdoor battery tools....though i just used one of their weed wackers helping someone yesterday and wasn't impressed. I think Ryobi and GreenWorks are the better options. I have a green works mower, weed wacker and a blower and they all work well.

Do they have other power tools? If not, i might suggest a Makita mower. Then they can get makita power tools and have common batteries for several uses.
Got a Toro FWD like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-22-in-K.../203068811

I like it. Bag works well.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I just bought the Husqvarna, based mostly on their reputation for quality.  An important consideration for me was not just the mower, but what other battery operated tools would I buy.  I bought this to use as a trim mower.  The battery powered mower is much lighter than a gas mower.  I have only used it twice, but so far I like it quite well. 

I did not purchase any other tools yet.  However, I will eventually buy some "bare" Husqvarna tools.

Most brands now have a full line of tools that use the same battery.  Therefore I would consider what "Line" you will be happy with, not just what mower.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe