Delta Biesmeyer Anti-Kickback Spreader
I have the Delta Biesemeyer Anti-Kickback Spreader #78-431. My spring broke and the part has been discontinued. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

CADman
(04-25-2019, 10:02 PM)CADman Wrote: I have the Delta Biesemeyer Anti-Kickback Spreader #78-431. My spring broke and the part has been discontinued. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

CADman

Find an old guard/spreader from another saw and re-purpose the spring or find a spring and rework it?
(04-25-2019, 10:02 PM)CADman Wrote: I have the Delta Biesemeyer Anti-Kickback Spreader #78-431.  My spring broke and the part has been discontinued.  Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

CADman

If you have the broken spring, perhaps you can get info by measuring it so that you can order a replacement from McMaster-Carr.  Another source of info about the spring might be the parts diagram on the replacement parts site; they say it's docontinued, but sometime they give more info on the specification of the part.
Not a terribly difficult spring to make ... measure the wire gauge of the old one ... pick up a length of piano wire ... bend up a new one. Might take a few attempts, but you will get there.

Is this the spring?