Routers
I am just wondering how many full sizes routers some of you have? I think I have 13 and and if I look real hard I may fine at least one, or two, or three more. I am wondering if I am alone in the world or if there are more out there just like me. That is a scary thought isn't it? And I am not even going to ask about the palm router world.

For me, it is easier and less trouble to change routers than it is to change and set up router bits, But the possibility of having to admit that I might have a router problem scares me.  My wife's eyes just glaze over when I mention router so I am hopping it is a concern and not an addiction. Now to help keep the record straight it has taken me 50 years to collect this many, Not to mention the ones that were replaced. And if I do have a possible problem, can I now chalk it up to a senior moment? Or can I claim to be one who is just ahead of his time?

Tom
Four full size, and two small ones.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
One 3hp Triton, Two 2-1/4 hp Routers, and three Palm Routers.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
At least 5 full size and 3 trim routers. At least.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Three:

- The big Triton

- PC 690

- Bosch Colt
Its not how many you have but how much you pay for them. Get them on Craigslist when you find a good deal and forget about counting them.
JessEm POW-R-TEK
PC 690LRVS
PC 690
Two older Craftsman
Bosch Colt
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
I only own five but would really like to get eight or nine more, for the reasons you stated.

Budgeting, wife, and storage keep me from getting more. I'm working on the last one before I tackle the other two.
Semper fi,
Brad

I have lost count.

I also have 5 router tables if you include the two that are in tables saw wings.

And I’d buy another triton router if one popped up.

I am always watching Craigslist for routers, but I have gotten pretty picky about which ones I’ll buy.

Duke
I would never stand in judgement of someone for having "too many" routers.  Many of us have "too many" of some tool or another.  If you can justify their place in your shop, even if it's just to say that you like the way they look, all lined up in a row, then far-be-it for me to be critical.

BTW, I have 5 full size and 2 palm routers.  So far, that's enough, but I wouldn't have to work too hard to justify another 1 or 2, at least in my own mind.  
Winkgrin
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?