Milwaukee 1/2" Right Angle Drill
Picked up a used Milwaukee 1/2" right angle drill over the weekend. Evidently, to change speeds or to convert to straight drill, you have to remove the chuck.  Followed the directions: insert chuck removal pin in chuck and smash it with a mallet: no luck. Any tricks I should know about? Yes, I did remove the left hand chuck attachment screw first.

[Image: 17462_3107-6.jpg?mw=461&mh=422&hash=AF77...C77443BE73]
(04-29-2019, 04:39 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Picked up a used Milwaukee 1/2" right angle drill over the weekend. Evidently, to change speeds or to convert to straight drill, you have to remove the chuck.  Followed the directions: insert chuck removal pin in chuck and smash it with a mallet: no luck. Any tricks I should know about?  Yes, I did remove the left hand chuck attachment screw first.

[Image: 17462_3107-6.jpg?mw=461&mh=422&hash=AF77...C77443BE73]

honestly it has been so long since I took one apart I can't tell you how but I remember it wasn't that big of a deal.  Look on Youtube
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Rudimentary but worth mentioning anyway; make sure to be holding onto only the chuck and the rest of the drill is free to move when you hit the chuck removal pin.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I have the exact same drill.

I have not tried to remove the chuck, so I have no suggestions there.

However, I do have an observation concerning the drill (or at least the case it comes in) . . . you know . . . just in case Milwaukee is listening.

What a pain in the backside it is to store the drill in the case!!!!! 

Come on - really.  I have to move the chuck back to that position just to put it back in the case?  Then when I want to use it, I have to move the chuck to a position I can actually use the dang thing . . . and then back to that position just to store it again!!!

You couldn't make a case that you can actually store the drill in where it is configured to remove it from the case and use it without changing the chuck position every cotton pickin' time?

Upset
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.