Supersize your mortiser

Part 1 of 4.  This guy has some incredible videos online.  He built the wagons for the new 20 mule team Borax hitch.  Among other projects.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I can’t lie, I cringed when he cut it.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
I know a guy that cut a 8' metal lathe in half and extended it by 2' so he could repair a spindle end on a truck rear end housing, successfully.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That was interesting.  He liked the design of the mortiser in that it could pivot and then he proceeded to cut that part off and not use it.  Guess that's one tool that will never get sent back to Griz.

Enjoyed watching him fabricate the parts to mount the head on what looked to be an old mill though he called it a shaper.  Didn't quite look like what I know about metal shapers, but someone more knowledgeable could chime in.

Never used any gloves while burning or welding and his hands looked the part.  Only safety glasses were his normal specs, guess I'm guilty of that too.  I can imagine he has been improvising all his life.  Quite the craftsman.  Color me impressed.
All I can see in the original post is a black screen. Last night it was empty; like a picture I wasn't authorized to view. Any help here?
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
The channel on youtube is EngelsCoachShop.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(05-05-2019, 10:01 AM)blackhat Wrote: The channel on youtube is EngelsCoachShop.

Got it! Thanks.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"