Local Pickup Only
Right under the avatar, I can see my location as Socal. Maybe I'm wrong, but I assumed that anyone in SoCal with the remotest interest in these items would either comment stating their interest or send a PM asking for specifics.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(05-04-2019, 01:35 PM)cputnam Wrote: Right under the avatar, I can see my location as Socal.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I assumed that anyone in SoCal with the remotest interest in these items would either comment stating their interest or send a PM asking for specifics.

I think you assessed it correctly.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Did either of you read my last post?
I feel like it's a kindness for the thread title to contain what it is you're selling and where if local pickup only.  But I understand why you wouldn't do that as well.
(05-04-2019, 07:36 PM)cvillewood Wrote: Did either of you read my last post?
I believe you said you are mobile-centric and that you figured out how to display the relevant information. I do not believe that precludes the ability to PM. However, your point is taken to be that to reach the widest possible audience, location should be more visible.

I chose to make the title local pickup only because I believed that fact to be more important than the items for sale. Again, location should have been in the title. At this point, I sincerely doubt that any interest remains in the actual sale items - so I will just let this thread die its natural death.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Sorry for highjacking the post.

Maybe repost it?
To me it's a problem to say "local only" in the subject line without specifying where that is.  You are asking others to do you a favor, while demonstrating you can't be bothered to make it convenient for them.  My guess is that the reason you did not get a response is that most in your area did not go to the work of finding out what area that is.  In this case, all that would have needed was to change one letter to "SoCal pickup only".  You could try that.
(05-07-2019, 10:48 AM)Alan S Wrote: To me it's a problem to say "local only" in the subject line without specifying where that is.  You are asking others to do you a favor, while demonstrating you can't be bothered to make it convenient for them.  My guess is that the reason you did not get a response is that most in your area did not go to the work of finding out what area that is.  In this case, all that would have needed was to change one letter to "SoCal pickup only".  You could try that.

What bugs me more about the post is that it doesn't include WHAT he is selling in the subject. This post has two major fails if you ask me.
only thing I don't like about the OP is I don't live in southern California.. as for the rude comments about the OP... looks like some folks need more coffee.
I say crucify him, because he didn't think to list his location and what he is selling in the title. Or anything else some of you dream up to puff your selves up with. Why does it matter where he is if your are not interested in buying. When you saw what it is that he is selling and if you are not interested you could have just moved on. I speak to your shame. Now you can spue you poison at me also.