A Confession
I volunteer at a retirement community wood shop. I got a call from one of the residents who is a frequent user of the shop. He was a bit hesitant to tell me what had prompted him to call me at home. We have a small Craftsman router table with a Makita 3606 trim router installed in it. At some point the collet locking pin fell out (a 'c' clip came loose) and we have been using a pocket screwdriver with the tip ground flat to lock the collet for bit changes.

The resident said he had been vacuuming up the debris around the router table after doing some edge routing. He had not put the modified screwdriver back in its storage location (just a hole in the router stand) before sweeping the area with the vacuum. He couldn't find the screwdriver. Even after dumping out the contents of the Dust Deputy bucket and shaking out the hose.

He was very concerned about loosing this specialized tool and I assured him I would stop by tomorrow and see if we can find the missing tool. I also told him that screwdriver had been in my possession - mostly gathering dust - for about 20 years.

Bill
Looks like he created a permanent edge routing station.  Hopefully the bit never gets dull...
(05-05-2019, 06:46 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Looks like he created a permanent edge routing station.  Hopefully the bit never gets dull...

The resident had removed the bit prior to vacuuming the debris using another screwdriver in the shop. So no permanent edge routing station
Smile

Bill
It’s probably under a bench.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I use a magnet on an telescoping handle for these searches. Sweep around and under stuff and come out with anything ferrous.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(05-06-2019, 06:01 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: I use a magnet on an telescoping handle for these searches. Sweep around and under stuff and come out with anything ferrous.

The lost is found. The tool had rolled under the right hand leg of the Craftsman benchtop router table. I happened to see it when I was placing a replacement I made from a length of 3/16" steel rod and a handle turned on the lathe.

At least now we have a back up
Smile

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)