Jet DC-1100VX-CK Dust Collector
I need to upgrade to a better dust collector, if anyone out there has this collector, how often do you have to change the filter canister with average use (I typically empty the old Penn State once a month)?  Thanks!
I don't have the Jet DC but have previously looked at it with interest and had it under consideration.  It wasn't quite in my budget but the DC-1100VX-CK was something I would have been satisfied with when funds allowed.  I then found a 220v 2hp Grizzly G0548Z dust collector with one micron canister filter at a great price on Facebook Marketplace and it is now sitting in my shop.  I have been quite pleased with the Grizzly and my experience with it has been more than satisfactory, and I would give the Grizzly the edge over the Jet in several areas - filtering, power, price, quality and more.  It can be worth checking out and I can recommend it.  I really didn't know much about Grizzly at the time but had purchased a Grizzly G0490 jointer earlier and found it to be a great machine and the previous owners of the jointer and the dust collector were each owners of multiple Grizzly machines and they were very happy with their products (of which I now concur).  

In regard to the filter canister - and I would presume the same would be true with the Jet - a simple occasional turn of the cleaning handle when the DC is turned off knocks most of the dust and wood chips out of the filter and into the collection bag, and unless you are an exceptionally heavy user, filter replacement shouldn't be much of a concern for several years if not abused.

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-05-2019, 09:43 PM)BattleRidge Wrote: I don't have the Jet DC but have previously looked at it with interest and had it under consideration.  It wasn't quite in my budget but the DC-1100VX-CK was something I would have been satisfied with when funds allowed.  I then found a 220v 2hp Grizzly G0548Z dust collector with one micron canister filter at a great price on Facebook Marketplace and it is now sitting in my shop.  I have been quite pleased with the Grizzly and my experience with it has been more than satisfactory, and I would give the Grizzly the edge over the Jet in several areas - filtering, power, price, quality and more.  It can be worth checking out and I can recommend it.  I really didn't know much about Grizzly at the time but had purchased a Grizzly G0490 jointer earlier and found it to be a great machine and the previous owners of the jointer and the dust collector were each owners of multiple Grizzly machines and they were very happy with their products (of which I now concur).  

In regard to the filter canister - and I would presume the same would be true with the Jet - a simple occasional turn of the cleaning handle when the DC is turned off knocks most of the dust and wood chips out of the filter and into the collection bag, and unless you are an exceptionally heavy user, filter replacement shouldn't be much of a concern for several years if not abused.

Thanks for the info!  Will check it out!