Delta Uni-Fence - Jet SuperSaw
I had posted a request for a Delta Uni-Fence rail in the Swap 'n Sell section of this forum.

We now have all the pieces and thought I had better follow up with some pictures to fulfill the 'no photos, didn't happen rule'.

The fence was given to me by a fellow woodworker who simply wanted it to be used. It came in the original unopened box.

The rail was found on e-bay. They are getting scarce as the Delta of old is becoming more of a distant memory and the quality of products now being sold under the Delta name is marginal at best.

We will need to purchase a new tape rule for the rail.

It may be a few months before it gets installed on its new home as a 1300 mile trip will be involved so the photos are the parts on my Black & Decker Workmate.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

I see you got th black rail. That one is a little more complicated to get set up than the silver rail, but it is just as capable. You’ll like the Unifence if you never used one before. It is very flexible.
(05-05-2019, 06:13 PM)stav Wrote: I see you got th black rail. That one is a little more complicated to get set up than the silver rail, but it is just as capable. You’ll like the Unifence if you never used one before. It is very flexible.

Please elaborate on the complexity of setting up this style of rail. I did compare the old and new style and the difference appears to be positioning the nut in the rail to receive the bolts. A long handled magnet may help.

I also seen the idea in the attached photo.

Any advice from those who have done this procedure would be appreciated.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

The complexity is basically what you stated. The black rail has holes drilled for the bolts that attach the rail to the table saw where the silver rail has a t slot. If the holes drilled in the black rail don’t line up exactly with your saw, you will have to make modifications. I have installed both successfully and I prefer the silver rail, but both function the same in the end.

My set up did not use the angle iron shown in the diagram you posted. It attached directly to the saw.