Is Delta Model 10 a reasonable RAS?
I currently have a DeWalt MBF and it is useful but the motor is under powered. This saw is for sale and if it is a good saw, I might take on the repair: 
 https://denver.craigslist.org/tls/d/denv...55093.html

Mats
Mats
Meh. It's middle-of-the-road for the class. For the price, it'll make a nice cross-cut saw.
Semper fi,
Brad

(05-06-2019, 11:51 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Meh. 

That's exactly what I said to myself when I saw the picture.  I wouldn't trade an MBF out for that Delta.  The 12" turret arm 33-890 unit, sure.  But not for that particular Delta.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(05-06-2019, 09:58 AM)woodmats Wrote: I currently have a DeWalt MBF and it is useful but the motor is under powered. This saw is for sale and if it is a good saw, I might take on the repair: 
 https://denver.craigslist.org/tls/d/denv...55093.html

Mats

There aren't many better light duty RAS's than an MBF.  I agree that it's underpowered for heavy work, but for precision work in 4/4 and lighter stock it's a very capable saw.  

John
I had an MBF, and it was a nice saw, but as mentioned, underpowered. I don't think that, that  Delta would be that much of an upgrade. I would want to upgrade to a turret arm Delta, or, an older Dewalt as I did. Dewalt 7790 (12" blade, but using 10") Same great design as the MBF, but 12" (or 10") and much more power, which seems to almost stop self feeding, even with + hook blades.
The Delta MBF, is a Gem.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking as well. We've seen a few larger DeWalt saws on Craigslist but in Denver, people really like their stuff and often the asking prices are way high.
Mats
It's probably better than my Craftsman RAS (cost me $100.00) and that has given me good service (except for the digital angle gage, on which the battery is always going dead.  I just use a protractor to measure angles).  

Make sure that the linear bearings are well adjusted.  They slide so smooth when they are too loose that it seems a pity to tighten them up.  But if they are too loose the blade can climb the stock and rush at you.  So make sure that the linear bearings are properly adjusted.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.