Dust Collector Upgrade, Delta 50-760, SDD
  Re: RE: Dust Collector Upgrade, Delta 50-760, SDD by Jeffhay ([quote='Sullivan' pi...)
(05-16-2019, 03:38 PM)Jeffhay Wrote: How hard was it to stretch the 4" opening of the Fernco over the 5" port on the Delta?  I have a sheet metal and foil tape fitting that works, but isn't really durable and I've been looking for something better.  Also, is it flexible in the vertical direction?  Meaning, can you lift the DD off the container without disconnecting anything?
Even though they call it a 4x6 the actual ID dimensions are 5.18 inches and 6.39 inches Fernco 1002-46.  The fit is actually very loose but the clamp is able to seal it up.  In this picture you can see that it's slightly distorted:

[Image: kBUAV8u.jpg]

Flexing in the vertical would be difficult.  I've allowed about 1 inch at the top to give me room to lift the lid.  Here is what I've come up with to support the lid while emptying the bin - a lashing strap and a couple of footman loops:

[Image: G7ugiRi.jpg] 

[Image: cnMY23P.jpg]

[Image: iM9rDH7.jpg]
  Re: Dust Collector Upgrade, Delta 50-760, SDD by Sullivan (My latest and hopefu...)
That's an excellent design and very nice work.  I really like how compact all the components are and how you incorporated the DD.

Lonnie
  Re: RE: Dust Collector Upgrade, Delta 50-760, SDD by Sullivan ([quote='Jeffhay' pid...)
(05-16-2019, 10:48 PM)Sullivan Wrote: Even though they call it a 4x6 the actual ID dimensions are 5.18 inches and 6.39 inches Fernco 1002-46.  The fit is actually very loose but the clamp is able to seal it up.  In this picture you can see that it's slightly distorted:

[Image: kBUAV8u.jpg]

Flexing in the vertical would be difficult.  I've allowed about 1 inch at the top to give me room to lift the lid.  Here is what I've come up with to support the lid while emptying the bin - a lashing strap and a couple of footman loops:

[Image: G7ugiRi.jpg] 

[Image: cnMY23P.jpg]

[Image: iM9rDH7.jpg]

Thanks!  I have a round yellow 30 gallon barrel with my SDD on top of it.  Not sure if I could make a strap setup work.  But it's got potential.  

I'd be interested in hearing more about that air flow meter.  What kind of CFM are you getting?  I think my shop is right on the edge of needing a 3hp for the runs I would like.  But the Delta has been working great with the SDD and Wynn.
People always ask me "What skill do you use the most in woodworking?" and I always tell them "Sweeping."