old gas
I solved my old 2 cycle gas problem yesterday, though in the future if I have some I'll try burning it in small amounts in the mower. But I poured into some sawdust from the DC, and emptied that sawdust on the burn pile. I haven't burned it yet, that will be later next week. I was groaning the whole time and probably would have tried to use this in the mower, but it had been mixed with some old straight gas that had some water in it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-10-2019, 05:40 PM)WxMan Wrote: Well, if I had cleaned the carbs 3 times already this season, the decision would have already been made.
I wanted to find some ethanol free gas and for some reason this year I'm hesitant to put the old gas in our cars.  But I guess I should just drive up to Milesburg and buy some, maybe tomorrow.  

The thing I have been cleaning is the pickup jet in the bowl.  Takes longer to grab something to pinch the gas line, a 1/2" wrench and some latex gloves than it does to actually clean it.
(05-11-2019, 07:47 AM)EricU Wrote: I wanted to find some ethanol free gas and for some reason this year I'm hesitant to put the old gas in our cars.  But I guess I should just drive up to Milesburg and buy some, maybe tomorrow.  

The thing I have been cleaning is the pickup jet in the bowl.  Takes longer to grab something to pinch the gas line, a 1/2" wrench and some latex gloves than it does to actually clean it.

What is coming out of the bowl when you clean it out ?    I use StaBil or Startron and never have fuel problems but the gas is never more than 6 months old.  Do you run it empty at end of season or fill it up or just leave whatever amount was in it over winter ?  Roly
Sounds like dirt is getting in there. Maybe add an inline filter?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I'll see after I get some new gas in it. If it happens again, an inline filter doesn't sound like a bad idea.  The push mower hadn't been run in 3 years.  Probably didn't run it dry.  So it's not surprising that it needed a clean.  The thing that was a little surprising was the second cleaning.  Maybe there is dirt in the gas can?

The riding mower also seems to be clogged up.  I haven't gotten it started again, it ran 3 weeks ago.  But it does have an inline filter.
To get rid of gas I just have my wife pull my finger.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Big Grin
Big Grin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Most mowers for the last several years have a screen in the tank, instead of a filter in the line.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020