Geo dome greenhouse rebuild
It’s Spring time and that means I’m already behind in work that has to get done! The geodome greenhouse I built a few years ago was in dire need of repair so I took the opportunity to re-skin it and make some changes to it that I’ve been wanting to do for a while. And hopefully along the way, this video will give some ideas or inspiration to others to get THEIR Spring work done!

[video=youtube] https://youtu.be/Lfq1CyfxqLw[/video]
I watched a recent edition of Maine Cabin Masters on HGTV and they had a large, insulated geodome that was being used as a 4 season camp in Maine. 

Much bigger than yours and apparently commercially made.  I was impressed.

They had moved it from one location to another as a pile of sticks and in the matter of just one day they had the thing fully assembled and ready for the interior work.

The episode was entitled "Love Yurts".

https://watch.diynetwork.com/tv-shows/ma...love-yurts
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-07-2019, 01:17 PM)paulmon Wrote: It’s Spring time and that means I’m already behind in work that has to get done! The geodome greenhouse I built a few years ago was in dire need of repair so I took the opportunity to re-skin it and make some changes to it that I’ve been wanting to do for a while. And hopefully along the way, this video will give some ideas or inspiration to others to get THEIR Spring work done!

That's a nice greenhouse.  A lot of work to re-skin.  What do you grow in it?
I built a number of visqueen greenhouses when I lived in Alaska. 

Since we moved back to the home place, wife wanted a permanent greenhouse.
Store bought was going to cost upwards of $3K.  I'm not going w/that.
...and they are a toy greenhouse.  So, I built a true 4 season greenhouse.

[Image: C2QItNJ.jpg]

[Image: O2iz3qE.jpg?1]

2x6, fully insulated.  Amerilux Softlite, double wall polycarbonate panels.
I grew brocolli, lettuce, onions, beets, squash and tomatoes this winter.  Still picking
vine ripe tomatoes today.  I have all my garden plants started in there for this spring.
It is an amazingly fun toy.

You might look into "skinning" yours w/the Softlite panels.  They have a 20yr
warranty. Pretty easy to work with.
he not busy being born,
Is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan
Beautiful greenhouse. I've learned a lot from mine. Because of the way it is constructed it would be very difficult for me to put panels in. To do that I would have to start over from scratch with a different design. I like my dome but to tell the truth if I were to build another greenhouse it would probably not be a dome. At least not where I am (Seattle area). But I had wanted to do a geo dome for a long time, and so I did it. I'm over that now.