We had Home Depot install our kitchen countertops
We had quartz(ite) installed.

First, we got three quotes. Two very small companies and one large one. The problem with the small ones is that they had a lot of samples but had to call their supplier to see if it was available. In both cases, our 1st choice wasn't available. The bigger (multi-state operation) company stocked all their offerings so availability wasn't an issue. All of them had about a 2 week turnaround.

Total about 75 sq ft plus 4 side splashes and two sink cutouts. A total of 5 separate pieces. 3 of them were pieced together. I'll do the tile backsplashes.

On a whim, we talked to Home Depot. They offered something my wife liked.. my opinion is of no importance and carries zero weight. I asked who supplied the quartz and who installed it. Turns out it was the same big company who already quoted the job. Home Depot's quote was almost identical to the big guy. This quote was about $300 more than the little guys who offered us our 2nd and 3rd choice. We went with Home Depot.. We're a share holders.

Installed yesterday and they did a great job, very impressed.

Still a lot to do but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

[Image: rG3UHU3.jpg]

[Image: UWZump0.jpg]

[Image: IzKo1ZL.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

It looks really good. When we were doing our counters, we got granite at one of the little guys for the same price Home Depot quoted for laminate.
The counters look great with those cabinets.
Looks really nice Snipe! Good color combination so far.

What are you thinking for the flooring?

Steve
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
Nice! Years ago we had HD do some carpeting...they simply subbed out to one of the larger installers in the area who did most everyone's job around here....turned out quite nice. Love those cabinets, BTW...well done.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-07-2019, 10:22 PM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: Looks really nice Snipe!  Good color combination so far.

What are you thinking for the flooring?

Steve

Plano Oak Marsh 3/4 in. Thick x 5 in. Wide
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

My brother who is a cabinet maker has two sources for his tops - one is plastic laminate and the is a mom-pop shop.  For the plastic laminate he does the installs.  He has the mom-pop guy do the the installs.  The difference is the MP does only stone type products.  So his staff only works stone and they are great at it.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I didn't get a quote from HD, but we looked there and got a rough idea what it would cost.  $3500 or so for our kitchen.  Then my wife wanted to bring in the local remodeler that did some work for us before.  $10k.  Took the pressure off of me to have it done.  We finally got a local place to put in granite for $2500.  They did a nice job.  Same place as did the top for vanity I made.  I didn't chose the material in the kitchen, wife and daughter did that.  They somehow managed to find the cheapest granite.  That's fine with me because whoever buys our house is probably going to rip it out anyway.  But it does look a lot better than the laminate it replaced.
when I bought my shop's two garage doors, I went through HD.  When the guys came to install them, I was talking to the installer and he said I could have saved about $400 going directly to them.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

the trick is to figure out who is going to do the work, which isn't easy.

When I was doing my tile, Lowes only had the right kind of thinset hidden in the back for their installers.  Made me think more highly of their installers.  And there must be a lot of people laying tile for money that aren't using the right kind of thinset or they don't use a decoupling membrane, which is probably worse.