80” x 6” sanding belts
Need to buy a couple, my current ones are pulling apart. I looked at the Shopfox ones on Amazon and while the price looks good, the reviews aren’t, mostly saying the seams are too pronounced.
Klingspor is out of the question as the shipping is too high, hence Amazon.
Any suggestions?, experiences?
VH07V  
(05-10-2019, 02:06 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Need to buy a couple, my current ones are pulling apart. I looked at the Shopfox ones on Amazon and while the price looks good, the reviews aren’t, mostly saying the seams are too pronounced.

Pay the shipping.
(05-10-2019, 02:06 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Need to buy a couple, my current ones are pulling apart. I looked at the Shopfox ones on Amazon and while the price looks good, the reviews aren’t, mostly saying the seams are too pronounced.

I use Industrial abrasives. Better than shopfox. you can call the # and request less then the dozen I usually get 3 and 3 free. Never had one come apart and have a smooth joint. great price too.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
https://www.grizzly.com/products/Woodsto...-pk-/D1264
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Have had my grizzly sander for more than 25 years and always have used their sanding belts.  No problems with the seams and they are very good.  Of course I have never tried another brand so what do I know?   Oh, and I use my sander every every day and I am just a hobbyist.  

Nuff said . . . .
(05-10-2019, 08:19 PM)opticsguy Wrote: Have had my grizzly sander for more than 25 years and always have used their sanding belts.  No problems with the seams and they are very good.  Of course I have never tried another brand so what do I know?   Oh, and I use my sander every every day and I am just a hobbyist.  

Nuff said . . . .

I did too,
but then I bought a butt joint belt and found how smooth the belt runs. As far as I know Grizzly and Shop Fox are Lap joint belts  This might have changed, I haven't bought any from them for years.  They don't state what they are.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
After using Norton's Ceramic belts, I never looked back. Can't seem to wear them out and they run a lot cooler.

I do mostly metal with them though.
I buy my sanding stuff from 2Sand.com

Prices are right, service is great. 
They do not list an 80” by 6” belt, but they will custom make any size you need.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Seems I remember 80x6 being specific to Grizzly and Shopfox only.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

https://www.industrialabrasives.com/6-x-...p-483.html

I've used their belts several times, high quality
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry