Barn Sale goodies
At one time, I did have a Craftsman Mitre Box...

And..

But, got replaced by a Stanley No. 358....and a Stanley No.2246.....the 358 was replaced by a Langdon No. 75...

This is how the Craftsman looked, when it came home ($5.00)   Apparently, there are rubber "O" rings that fit into grooves in those plastic guides...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
[quote pid='7748437' dateline='1557680884']
If I recall correctly, that general design originated with one of the European toolmakers - but can't remember, and my brain, anymore, resembles a rusted colander, so don't rely on the idea.
[/quote]

Lee Valley carries the Nobex miter box.  Similar design but uses a bar rather than the tube.

Frank S in IA
And...costs a lot more than the $4 i spent..
Laugh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(05-12-2019, 12:39 PM)bandit571 Wrote: At one time, I did have a Craftsman Mitre Box...

And..

But, got replaced by a Stanley No. 358....and a Stanley No.2246.....the 358 was replaced by a Langdon No. 75...

This is how the Craftsman looked, when it came home ($5.00)   Apparently, there are rubber "O" rings that fit into grooves in those plastic guides...

That Craftsman miter box is different than the one I had. Mine has half circular guide posts, with the flats facing inwards. Would flex badly!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com