The light is shining upon me!
I'll be in Toronto later this week, and looking at where I'm staying, a Lee Valley store is less than a half mile (if even that!) away!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Transcript from a phone call to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police outpost in Toronto: "Hi, I'm calling about my husband/family member (whatever fits here) Tony.  He went to Toronto for a meeting, and called one evening.  Said he was going to some valley or other.  We haven't heard from him for days, but the bank says he's still making charges on his credit card, from somewhere called Lee Valley.  I found it on the map, but it's sure a long ways from Toronto*.  Can you help us locate him?"
-------
*Yes, there is an actual Lee Valley, something I didn't know until today.
(05-13-2019, 02:19 PM)Tony Z Wrote: I'll be in Toronto later this week, and looking at where I'm staying, a Lee Valley store is less than a half mile (if even that!) away!

Take a side trip to Ottawa, HQ store is always better!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-13-2019, 05:05 PM)Admiral Wrote: Take a side trip to Ottawa, HQ store is always better!

If I had time definitely, if only to jawbone with Rob.
www.metaltech-pm.com
(05-13-2019, 02:50 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Transcript from a phone call to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police outpost in Toronto: "Hi, I'm calling about my husband/family member (whatever fits here) Tony.  He went to Toronto for a meeting, and called one evening.  Said he was going to some valley or other.  We haven't heard from him for days, but the bank says he's still making charges on his credit card, from somewhere called Lee Valley.  I found it on the map, but it's sure a long ways from Toronto*.  Can you help us locate him?"
-------
*Yes, there is an actual Lee Valley, something I didn't know until today.

Cool
Wink
Big Grin
Winkgrin
Laugh
Yes  Plus, plus, plus.....
Naw, the Ottawa HQ store isn't anything special . I went to it just to see when we were in Ottawa. The closest one to me is in Coquitlam, B.C. , half an hour drive away, it's better.
A man of foolish pursuits
Crossing the border back to the US, officer will say, anything to declare? Why, no, kind sir, (me acting very, very nervous, how I over spent). Pull the vehicle over here, get out and go in there! What did you use these sharp objects for, while in Canada? Why are there so many? I'm afraid we will have to detain you.....anyone you wish to call?

Yes....anyone but my wife!
www.metaltech-pm.com
(05-13-2019, 07:54 PM)Tony Z Wrote: If I had time definitely, if only to jawbone with Rob.

You're welcome anytime!

Cheers - 

Rob
(05-14-2019, 12:00 AM)Downwindtracker2 Wrote: Naw, the Ottawa HQ store isn't anything special .
True...but the gem is really next door... the Veritas factory!!!!

Simon
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
You might want to BRING your wife anyway...
One time my wife ad-libbed something to the border guard that just completely disarmed him.   She's just that way!

Chris
Chris