Base cabinet drawer question
I am building a kitchen base cabinet for my son. I need to now how to calculate the depth of the drawer. The drawers I have done in the past used wooden slides on the sides, so I could make the drawers whatever length I wanted. This drawer will have undermount slides. I will be using 21" slides and the depth of the cabinet is 23 1/4" on the inside. TIA
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Blum slides? Check this out: link

I doubt the process would be that much different for other manufacturers.
(05-14-2019, 11:05 AM)DaveParkis Wrote: I am building a kitchen base cabinet for my son. I need to now how to calculate the depth of the drawer. The drawers I have done in the past used wooden slides on the sides, so I could make the drawers whatever length I wanted. This drawer will have undermount slides. I will be using 21" slides and the depth of the cabinet is 23 1/4" on the inside. TIA

Are you using Blum Tandem undermout drawer slides? Overlay or inset drawers? Face frame? How thick? 

I have a client who uses these Blum Tandem drawer slides exclusively. Blum has a calculator but I translated that into a component for SketchUp. It shows that for 23-1/4 in. inside cabinet depth (behind the face frame if there is one, the box would be 22 in. long.
The face frame is 3/4" thick. The slides are not Blum, they are by a company called CSH and were bought at Home Depot.
(05-14-2019, 01:56 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: The face frame is 3/4" thick. The slides are not Blum, they are by a company called CSH and were bought at Home Depot.

Their instructions are a bit vague so I don't know how exact the drawer box length has to be but for the drawer slides you indicate, the drawer box should be 21 inches front to back.
Got it. Thanks very much!!
Whatever the slide length is, is what I made the box length.
24" ID cabinet, I used 24" slides, which most are 23-3/4" long.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020