Woodsmith-inspired Stationary Edge Sander build thread
Arlin, I finally have a bit of progress to report.

The platen assembly has been redesigned and built to increase width and height. This week I finally installed the rails on the platen and the carriages on the fixed vertical face. I fear I should have mounted them opposite: rails on the fixed face. If I find that I need to change it, I will.

I used a square to screw the rails on parallel, or as close as I could get them. Then, to position the carriages, I screwed them to squares of plywood. I aligned them against a straight board placed between them and the inside to of the platen assembly (I failed to photograph this). Then I spread glue on the upper surfaces of squares and laid the over sized fixed piece on top, butted against the inside top of the platen assembly. Laid motors and dumbell weights on top to clamp.

To remove the fixed piece to trim to correct size, I had to unscrew and remove the upper part of the platen assembly. I won't apply glue to everything until I know it all fits; for now everything is screwed together.

Last image is gluing up the plywood block that will attach to the platen assembly and support the belt drive motor.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Today I figured out mounting the belt drive motor. I'll trim the drive shaft to about 1/2" over the top surface. To secure the top end, I'll mount a bearing in a wooden block and screw that to the top surface.

I've ordered an adapter to allow mounting the C-face oscillating motor horizontally in the fixed base. When it arrives I'll behind designing that part.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Brad

If you do not mind I sure would love for you to write all the info and where you get the parts does so I can make one for us. 
Yes
Yes

So looking forward to all of this build.

What is the size of the belt? I forgot.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I'm building the sander based on a 9x138 - 1/2" belt. When all is said and done I'll provide a parts list and hopefully a sketch that can be used by others.
Semper fi,
Brad