Replacing a window pane.
Bug 
Garage to patio door. Bottom of three panes. Pry off the trim(door is original to house---1965), get replacement(Ace Hardware
Big Grin ), reinstall with Porter Cable 18 gauge nailer). Three weeks ago. Bought a tub of glazing compound on a whim.

Today, I notice the pane is loose in the door, held in by only the bottom trim piece. The other three are missing. Find one, and discovered the nailer had a stuck nail---never did nail any of the trim.
Raised
Raised The nailer has been sitting for 6-8 months unused.
Raised
Raised

Now two pieces of trim are in the wind. Nowhere to be found.

Aha! The glazing compound! And a putty knife! Tried to remember the last time I did that job---could not remember. No glazing points. Darn. Oh, well, just one side and the top.
Big Grin
Hmmm. Maybe a critter (dog?) carried the trim off....
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-16-2019, 10:20 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hmmm. Maybe a critter (dog?) carried the trim off....

Go to the shop and Make your new trim, You're a Woodworker right?
(05-20-2019, 02:49 PM)Chuck 80 Wrote: Go to the shop and Make your new trim, You're a Woodworker right?

Uhoh
Uhoh But, I had the glazing putty!
Laugh
Laugh
(05-20-2019, 03:06 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote:
Uhoh
Uhoh But, I had the glazing putty!
Laugh
Laugh

Did you remember to apply linseed oil to the frame beforehand?

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
(05-23-2019, 05:48 PM)MKepke Wrote: Did you remember to apply linseed oil to the frame beforehand?

-Mark

No
No  Never heard of that.
Uhoh
Uhoh
(05-16-2019, 08:47 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Garage to patio door. Bottom of three panes. Pry off the trim(door is original to house---1965), get replacement(Ace Hardware
Big Grin ), reinstall with Porter Cable 18 gauge nailer). Three weeks ago. Bought a tub of glazing compound on a whim.

Today, I notice the pane is loose in the door, held in by only the bottom trim piece. The other three are missing. Find one, and discovered the nailer had a stuck nail---never did nail any of the trim.
Raised
Raised The nailer has been sitting for 6-8 months unused.
Raised
Raised

Now two pieces of trim are in the wind. Nowhere to be found.

Aha! The glazing compound! And a putty knife! Tried to remember the last time I did that job---could not remember. No glazing points. Darn. Oh, well, just one side and the top.
Big Grin

You might find the trim next to your eyeglasses <grin>
I make sure I wear my "cheaters" to make sure a pneumatic finish nail was actually set, as the little ding in the wood can be/has been misleading...
(05-23-2019, 07:56 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote:
No
No  Never heard of that.
Uhoh
Uhoh

40 years ago, I spent most of a summer re-glazing & painting windows of a church.  I was laid off from my construction job and needed something to do.  I forget how many gallons of glazing compound I went through.  The guy who had done the work the last time set me up with the job. He told me about using linseed oil to condition the window frame and help the compound stick.  Also mixed a little in the glazing compound from time to time, to soften it up a bit and make it easier to work.

I don't think I ever had to use my finely honed glazing skills again after that job.  
Laugh
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?