DeWalt 20v max chainsaw review
(05-20-2019, 10:45 PM)JosephP Wrote: Apparently (according to Mags, who sells Stihl) Stihl doesn't set the prices.  They have the MSRP, but they don't leave a lot of margin beyond that so it doesn't make sense for dealers to come off of that - so it just looks like fixed pricing.

I've been told they also forbid internet sales of parts or whole goods.
I bought the 20V saw a few months ago. Have probably dropped a dozen 10-12" pine. A few of those I cut the tops up (for hauling off) and bucked the trunks in about 8' sections (for hauling off).

Had a "wind event" the Thursday before Easter. About a dozen places where limbs or oak tops had fallen on the fence. Cleared all that up.

Went with a disaster relief team cleaning blown down trees off of houses. Need something easy to handle on top of the roofs. Worked good for that. Light weight, short length, and always starts.

Yawned at the four crepe myrtles that needed pruning.

I've been very pleased with the purchase. I knew going in that I was not going to go cut firewood with it. It would be more of a clean up saw.

Battery life has been fantastic. I got two 5A batteries. I believe one time I used the saw enough to have to swap batteries.

One of my initial thoughts to myself was "man this thing is quiet, BUT IT'S A CHAINSAW! IT WILL CUT YOU BAD!". I think my mind had equated the noise of the chainsaw to danger. No noise with the cordless, but danger is still there.

Well pleased. Glad I bought it. Would buy it again.

Milwaukee is probably good too. Just not the batteries that I already had.