dog urn
I have been teaching my neighbor to turn.He had to put his min pin down so wanted to make an urn for it.I brought him over to my shop,gave him some wood and told him to design and turn it,but I would help him.He used maple,for the main body and burnt it and brushed off the burnt parts.The cap is walnut.The finish is spray lacquer.He is very happy with it.

Mel

Attached Files Image(s)

ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(05-17-2019, 04:17 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: I have been teaching my neighbor to turn.He had to put his min pin down so wanted to make an urn for it.I brought him over to my shop,gave him some wood and told him to design and turn it,but I would help him.He used maple,for the main body and burnt it and brushed off the burnt parts.The cap is walnut.The finish is spray lacquer.He is very happy with it.

Mel

Cool

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Sorry but should have made it clear,a min pin is a miniature doberman pincer.The burning process on the maple is a Japanese idea called Shou sugi ban.

Mel
Nicely done...

This 17 character rule is a pita...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks for the compliments.He is learning well,I just supervised and offered advise.He is very happy with it,he is placing the urn on his night table so his dog will be close to him.His wife does wood burning so she burnt in the name.

Mel
Tell him sorry for he Pup but great having both of you work together.
Yes
Yes   Thanks for helping him out buddy.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.