exterior elec outlet for deck
Used to have planters surrounding deck and two ext outlets were mounted on planter sides.

Local elec supply store found two sources for EXTERIOR floor-mounted outlets but they are over $50.

One outlet provides power to a water feature so it will always be connected to the outlet.  I'm concerned about safety.

Options other than floor-mounted outlets?
You could mount a standard outside outlet on the underside of the deck. It would be out of sight,and protected from a good bit of the weather. I would think it would be much cheaper.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
The outdoor receptacles should be GFCI. Wired no differently than any other. That should take care of your safety concerns.
If it's always plugged in, I'd probably change from floor mount to a wall mount if possible so the lid can stay closed and stay weather resistant while the cords are plugged in.
something like this

I don't believe the receptacle comes with the box kit
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

[quote='varkpilot' pid='7750409' dateline='1558352404']
Used to have planters surrounding deck and two ext outlets were mounted on planter sides.

Local elec supply store found two sources for EXTERIOR floor-mounted outlets but they are over $50.

One outlet provides power to a water feature so it will always be connected to the outlet.  I'm concerned about safety.

Options other than floor-mounted outlets?
If mounted under-deck, I would have to install a small "trap door" in order to plug in any appliance??
[Image: FH04APR_OUTLIG_05.jpg]I would mount a couple of posts,  or posts and railing for the upper portion of the deck.  Or perhaps fixed seating for that section.  Then I would mount the junction box to the posts.

https://cdn2.tmbi.com/TFH/Step-By-Step/d...LIG_05.jpg
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.