Watch out for stolen Thompson Tools
Doug Thompson is reporting he had over $80K in tools stolen from him by a former employee.

Most are not labeled with the Thompson name but are the same metal and flutes. It was a wide variety of his inventory including about 100 jimmy Clewe’s scrapers. Most are polished not the black you know and expect.

So be careful buying out there and if you come across something suspicious reach out to Doug. The only market for these items are turners like us.
Wow. .
I hope the cops catch him and recover the tools and throw him in prison.
Angry
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
For a little more information here is a clip of the text that Cindy Drozda posted on Facebook:

Stolen Tools! Woodturners, please read!

Doug Thompson <www.thompsonlathetools.com> had a lot of tools stolen from him! Please be on the lookout for them. If anyone offers you tools that could be Doug's, let him know.

The tools will be 10V steel, round tools have the shank turned down, tools may be polished, they are Doug's flute shapes. "Thompson" might or might not be engraved on them. Look for any tools in the Thompson line that are being offered by someone who is not Doug or one of his dealers!

Here is Doug's post about it: "A guy I knew from the club (yes a woodturner) 12-14 years called me about a job. He worked for his dad for 25 years then took his dad's costumers to start his own business and that's all I knew when I hired him. Well a few things started to disappear the after the Florida symposium a whole pallet of tools vanished.... I let him go. When I called the police they showed me a mug shot then his whole story fell into place. Remember he took his dad's customers well he stole his partners money and became a felon. His wife divorced him and he now lives in a room where he mows the lawn and shovels snow for his rent. ....The bottom line is he stole over $80,000 worth of tools and the only place to sell them is to you. He can't change steel of flute shape so that helps find the tools.... if you see anything contact me (Doug Thompson). Thank you"
Tell him to notify recycling centers and include pics!
What *city* did this robbery occur in?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-20-2019, 01:49 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Tell him to notify recycling centers and include pics!

The value of the metal is worth pennies. Guy worked there he knows the value is in reselling them
(05-20-2019, 01:52 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: What *city* did this robbery occur in?

N. Olmstead Ohio
So yer thinking they may show up on CL and Ebay eventually?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-21-2019, 06:36 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: So yer thinking they may show up on CL and Ebay eventually?

Probably but it wouldn’t put it past them showing up in swap and sell places like this site or even in an online store

This is a picture from Doug.  Not the exact items but an idea of the quantity