Dados have been chiseled out..
Cool 

Until the stock rests sit flush...
Winkgrin 

One done...
Winkgrin 

And then the other....did try a few other toys, though  
Winkgrin

Mainly to knife in a wall....saw didn't work too well....
May add a coat of stain later...
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Very creative in making the stock holders, I see a lot of boxes in my travels missing those, and usually pass on them as my box is complete.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Newer models used a different system, attached to the ends of the frame...

Stock rests can be pulled back through the openings, rotated so they store in the back of the frame...
Cool

Will try to get a better photo later...right now, the deck is getting a finish...may take more than one coat
Rolleyes
Ok...better photo
Confused

Both stowed away.  
Cool  

Deck after 2 coats of stain...
Winkgrin  

Numbers cleaned up, so they will stand out better,....and so I can see them
Rolleyes  

have the correct saw, ready to go to work...etch says it was made expressly for Stanley Rule & Level Co. Before the SW era....and, before the model change by disston to a 4 bolt handle....about 1929...

Parts will arrive here about Tuesday, or so...should have this mitre box complete Before Thursday..I hope.
Hey...parts came in the mail, today!
Winkgrin   We have work to do
Rolleyes  

Bolts and new blocks to install 

Tops of the saw guides to assemble 

Front saw guide installed..and
Winkgrin

the rear saw guide installed...even got the correct bolts for the stock rest clamps..test out the saw latches on the guides
Cool  

To release, just lift the catch by the handle....allow the saw to pivot and unlatch the rear catch..

A spring at the bottom will absorb the shock when the saw reaches the bottom.  Slight bounce.   Set the depth stops so the saw barely grazes the deck board..

King bolt needed torqued down a bit more...swing arm was sloppy....once that was cured, swing things over the the "4" on the dial...
Cool

Then , back to 0 for a test cut...
Cool  

Looks good.   square all the way around. 
Almost done..still need to re-do the thumbscrews on top of the guides...stripped threads....they hold a flat bar to keep the guides lined up with each other...bar even has holes for the thumbscrews to lock into...will thread those, as well..
Not too bad....
Confused
Had issues with the thumbscrews for the top bar..
Rolleyes

Seems they were more for a Stanley hand plane....and they were trying to strip out the threads, and did..  Bought new thumbscrews..10-24 size, along with a new tap and it's drill bit.   Crossbar did have holes..none were tapped...had to drill those out.   Didn't need oil on the tap for the cast iron parts..

But when tapping the steel bar, a drop of oil was needed..
Cool 

Then a test fit...

Couple spots on the tops of the guide rods needed their threads cleaned up...then I could re-assemble things..front..

And rear..
Cool

So, now I think this old mitre box is about ready to go back to work?
Cool 

Big one?   Not quite, but we have "Dueling Mitre Boxes" in the shop...
Winkgrin

langdon No. 75 saw is about 2" longer....
Cool 
Stay tuned..have one other Mitre Box to rehab...
(05-20-2019, 05:25 PM)Joe Bailey Wrote: Doubtful -- it looks like the Washbourne patent of 12-31-1867

I see the same date.  Cool
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.