Fujitsu Mini split not cooling
Towards the end of last years cooling season we began see water leaking out of the fron of the inside unit. Didn't think too much of it until it did cool any longer. We had tech out who said we had a coolant leak which he recharged and fixed the leak. Since it was the end of the season we couldn't tell if that fixed our problem or not. Fast forward to this year we had a spring service and was told all was working good with our unit. 

Well now it's starting to warm up and it is still not cooling. We did the simple things like changing the batteries in the remote and turning off the main power for a while but it is still not cooling. I called the service tech who did the spring service and he will be back this week but thought I would ask here if anyone has any ideas. 

Thanks in advance for any help you could give. 

Don
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

You cannot top up the charge on those units.  It must be emptied and have a new charge weighed in to the unit.  Do you have the manuals?  Check for error codes.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Black hat, I do not know how or what the last person did. I can only by what they told the loml. I'll dig out the manual and see if I can find any error codes.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Turns out I have a leak in the coil. My Fujitsu is less than 5 years old. Has anyone else run into a similar problem?
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Less than 5- coil should be under warranty. If not, find a brand that will give you "at least" a 5 year warranty on all parts and components.

This was the reason I quit selling them for a while- failures under 5 years not being covered and it's more expensive to repair than replace doesn't make one look good at all. It's also why I will not sell cheaply priced mini's.
(06-17-2019, 10:58 AM)paarker Wrote: Turns out I have a leak in the coil. My Fujitsu is less than 5 years old. Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

There's a real good chance you have a 10 year warranty on it. Not sure what it covers but it's worth checking into.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Looks like my parts warranty runs out early next year. That should help somewhat on the money end. Thanks for the push on the warranty information.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

(06-17-2019, 06:03 PM)paarker Wrote: Looks like my parts warranty runs out early next year. That should help somewhat on the money end. Thanks for the push on the warranty information.

Most likely they will replace the whole unit(whichever end is leaking). The cost of packaging and storing and shipping and paying taxes on in stock parts at the end of every year makes it cost prohibitive to replace a coil not to mention the labor cost  which puts you right back at the why spend more for the better warranty, just bank that cash for a possible replacement down the line(which isn't very common)

Back when I did commercial refrig we replaced lots of evap coils in prep stations and similar units and often the repair bill was 2/3 the cost of a new unit. We would tell the owner yeah it's fixable but the cost of the repair really isn't worth it just call Acemart and have a new one delivered. That and ice machines when the warranty is up and it has a major repair needed just pitch it and buy a new one.