General International 15-250m1
Have a clip that holds the sandpaper in place on my General Drum Sander that has gone bad and having a difficult time finding anywhere to get a replacement. Is General International out of business?  Anyone know where one could order parts for their machines? Seems like their website is out of date and seems their contact us portion is inactive.   Any help anyone can offer on this would be much appreciated
Seen post saying they went out of business back Oct 2017 but could be contacted at this number 1-514-326-1161, this info 2 years old so don’t know if will work. Supposedly to was in process of starting new production company in China back then.
Bill
(05-22-2019, 10:50 AM)Wildwood Wrote: Seen post saying they went out of business back Oct 2017 but could be contacted at this number 1-514-326-1161, this info 2 years old so don’t know if will work.  Supposedly to was in process of starting new production company in China back then.

I have the General dual drum sander, 25", don't know if this what you have, but I've heard the Woodtek and a few other 25" dual drum sanders are clones of one another (Woodtek is "woodworkers Warehouse").
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(05-22-2019, 08:38 AM)ksinWI Wrote: Have a clip that holds the sandpaper in place on my General Drum Sander that has gone bad and having a difficult time finding anywhere to get a replacement. Is General International out of business?  Anyone know where one could order parts for their machines? Seems like their website is out of date and seems their contact us portion is inactive.   Any help anyone can offer on this would be much appreciated

General International is no longer in business and parts are no longer available.They were based in Quebec but it is closed up.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I reached out to Woodworkers Supply and traded emails with Eric.  Sounds like the clips of the Woodteks will work on the General International.   Thanks Tony for that tip.  Much better than trying to manufacture something or ending up with a large oversized paperweight sitting around the shop.

Thanks everyone!