Bench Dog C I router table on SawStop?
Are there issues when attaching a Bench Dog Cast Iron router table extension to a SawStop?

Hope to replace a Delta Contractor with a SawStop Professional.  I have a Bench Dog C I router table to relocate to move to the SS.  
Some manufactures intentionally make a product incompatible with accessories from others.  SS sells their own CI router table extension. Should I expect "issues" when attempting to attach a Bench Dog router table to a SawStop?  

Any experience will be welcomed.  

thx
tom

Gents,

Thank you for your assistance. Good suggestions. I will proceed with SS purchase.

tom
(05-22-2019, 01:41 PM)anwalt Wrote: Are there issues when attaching a Bench Dog Cast Iron router table extension to a SawStop?

Hope to replace a Delta Contractor with a SawStop Professional.  I have a Bench Dog C I router table to relocate to move to the SS.  
Some manufactures intentionally make a product incompatible with accessories from others.  SS sells their own CI router table extension. Should I expect "issues" when attempting to attach a Bench Dog router table to a SawStop?  

Any experience will be welcomed.  

thx
tom

I had a Bench Dog CI router table extension on my Unisaw. I moved it to my SawStop Industrial Cabinet Saw when I made the change. The table on the SawStop ICS is 3" deeper than the Unisaw table so the CI table extension didn't fit; it was 1 1/2" short on both ends. Moreover, the mounting holes on the Bench Dog table didn't match the ones on the saw table. I filled the gaps on the ends of the table with some 1 1/2" square aluminum tubing that I ordered from onlinemetals.com. I made a template of the mounting holes in the saw table and took it, with the table extension, to my local machine shop and had them drill out the table extensions holes to match the holes in the saw table. All of this was something of a PITA, but it was worth it. I've been using the Bench Dog CI router table extension with my SawStop ICS for 4 or 5 years now with no issues. Before you get disgruntled over my experience, check the specifications of the PCS table. It may be different from my ICS and fit your Bench Dog table extension perfectly. Here's are photos of my set-up:

[Image: 39624237992_142a15572f_c.jpg]IMG_0169 by Hank Knight, on Flickr

[Image: 46995016885_dee196fdb7_c.jpg]IMG_0163 by Hank Knight, on Flickr
The motor cover on the Sawstop is on the left side of the saw. If you plan to mount on the left side be sure to check the clearance of the router lift to motor cover. Looking at Sawstop's site they show the router table on the right side.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(05-22-2019, 04:13 PM)shoottmx Wrote: The motor cover on the Sawstop is on the left side of the saw. If you plan to mount on the left side be sure to check the clearance of the router lift to motor cover. Looking at Sawstop's site they show the router table on the right side.

g

Yes, on Hank's ICS the motor cover is on the RH side; PCS on the left. Good point on the clearance. Nice job Hank!

Doug

Who has a PCS and a standalone router lift/table.
I used 80/20 15 series to fill the gap and mount a side table and router wing to my sawstop. Not much if any drilling is required since the 80/20 has channels in it, but they do collect dust.

The sawstop contractor saw table is 27” so it fits with most of these router tables, but at 1.75hp it seems pretty under powered compared to the 3hp cabinet saw.

Duke
I had mounted one of these tables to a Delta 12/14.  I used a piece of Oak as a filler since the top of the saw was considerably bigger than the 27" width of the router table.  IIRC I had to drill some extra holes in either the benchdog table or the extension wing to mount it, but drilling cast iron is pretty easy with a HS bit.

[Image: P1030736.JPG]
(05-22-2019, 03:32 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: Here's are photos of my set-up:

[Image: 39624237992_142a15572f_c.jpg]I

Lov the ICS!  If I didn't already have a saw I was more than happy with, the ICS would arguably be my top pick.
Well I know the Bench Dog holes won't line up properly to mate with the cast iron wing so you'll have to drill your own holes (Sawstop has a 4 hole setup and Bench Dog has a 3 hole setup).  Why not just sell the Bench Dog and get the Sawstop Cast Iron router table?  You can get the router table alone for $265, which is a good deal IMO (if you buy the entire setup that has the fence, power switch and legs it costs $499).  I went that route and just got the router table installed last night.  

https://flic.kr/p/2g51z8H
(05-29-2019, 11:02 AM)greatscott Wrote: Well I know the Bench Dog holes won't line up properly to mate with the cast iron wing so you'll have to drill your own holes (Sawstop has a 4 hole setup and Bench Dog has a 3 hole setup).  Why not just sell the Bench Dog and get the Sawstop Cast Iron router table?  You can get the router table alone for $265, which is a good deal IMO (if you buy the entire setup that has the fence, power switch and legs it costs $499).  I went that route and just got the router table installed last night.  

That's a really nice setup.  The CI router top looks dead flat and lots of room.

Lonnie
(05-29-2019, 11:02 AM)greatscott Wrote: Well I know the Bench Dog holes won't line up properly to mate with the cast iron wing so you'll have to drill your own holes (Sawstop has a 4 hole setup and Bench Dog has a 3 hole setup).  Why not just sell the Bench Dog and get the Sawstop Cast Iron router table?  You can get the router table alone for $265, which is a good deal IMO (if you buy the entire setup that has the fence, power switch and legs it costs $499).  I went that route and just got the router table installed last night.  

Yours is just the 27" PCS though correct?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.