Husky Height Adjust Table
Put this here because I most commonly use this thing with my planer, tablesaw, and sander. This is the height-adjustable bench Home Depot sells for about $200. I wasn't expecting much from it, and had mostly intended to just use the adjustable legs and discard the top. But the top was free and looked useful, so I poked a bunch of holes in it to use with some MFT accessories:

[Image: hbench10.JPG]
[Image: hbench01.JPG]
[Image: hbench03.JPG]

Works great with the dogs, but too thick for the clamps, unfortunately. Works good as a sanding table, though. However, I am really, really happy with it as a height-adjustable outfeed table. The threads appear to be steel and reasonably stout. The cross shaft is probably the weakest link, but it is aluminum and seems to be holding up well. Cranks smoothly, stays wherever you stop cranking, and doesn't move when you pound on it with a hammer. More stable than I thought it would be.

I stick my table-saw cover on it, crank it up, and it aligns perfectly with my Sawstop. Crank it up further, and I have a long outfeed table for my jointer.
[Image: hbench04.JPG]
[Image: hbench07.JPG]

Doesn't quite crank down to the bottom of my planer, but it will give me about five inches of travel, which is a lot more than I normally use:
[Image: hbench08.JPG]

Best of all, it fits in one of the last bits of free space left in my garage:
[Image: hbench09.JPG]

The more I use it, the less often I stick my tablesaw cover on it. I mostly just roll it from tool to tool if there is a need. It is absolutely fantastic to be able to sand large panels at a natural standing height. I also use it in conjunction with a single sawhorse to break down sheet goods. I was not expecting very much from this table, but I am getting a lot out of it, and think it very well worth the $200 Home Depot wants for it. In fact, I find it so useful that I am certain it will be discontinued soon. Just figured I'd share an unexpected delight.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(05-24-2019, 03:41 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Put this here because I most commonly use this thing with my planer, tablesaw, and sander.  This is the height-adjustable bench Home Depot sells for about $200.  I wasn't expecting much from it, and had mostly intended to just use the adjustable legs and discard the top.  But the top was free and looked useful, so I poked a bunch of holes in it to use with some MFT accessories:

[Image: hbench10.JPG]
[Image: hbench01.JPG]
[Image: hbench03.JPG]

Works great with the dogs, but too thick for the clamps, unfortunately.  Works good as a sanding table, though.  However, I am really, really happy with it as a height-adjustable outfeed table.  The threads appear to be steel and reasonably stout.  The cross shaft is probably the weakest link, but it is aluminum and seems to be holding up well.  Cranks smoothly, stays wherever you stop cranking, and doesn't move when you pound on it with a hammer.  More stable than I thought it would be.  

I stick my table-saw cover on it, crank it up, and it aligns perfectly with my Sawstop.  Crank it up further, and I have a long outfeed table for my jointer.  
[Image: hbench04.JPG]
[Image: hbench07.JPG]

Doesn't quite crank down to the bottom of my planer, but it will give me about five inches of travel, which is a lot more than I normally use:
[Image: hbench08.JPG]

Best of all, it fits in one of the last bits of free space left in my garage:
[Image: hbench09.JPG]

The more I use it, the less often I stick my tablesaw cover on it.  I mostly just roll it from tool to tool if there is a need.  It is absolutely fantastic to be able to sand large panels at a natural standing height.  I also use it in conjunction with a single sawhorse to break down sheet goods.  I was not expecting very much from this table, but I am getting a lot out of it, and think it very well worth the $200 Home Depot wants for it.  In fact, I find it so useful that I am certain it will be discontinued soon.  Just figured I'd share an unexpected delight.

Look pretty handy! BTW, what is your "table saw cover?"

Doug
My wife and kids treat every flat surface in the garage as a resting place for half-consumed soft drinks, mail, and assorted trash. Consequently, I covered the top of my tablesaw with a piece of melamine when not in use. I used to just prop it up in the corner when I was using the saw. Thought of using it as an extension table before, but could never quite work out a convenient way to mount it so it could be used for both purposes.

[Image: sawtop02.JPG]
That looks extremely handy.  Great job!  How did you like the jig for drilling the holes?  It's amazing how something so simple can be so useful and completely change your work flow.

Lonnie
I was a little skeptical of the jig when I first used it, and I thought it was a bit tedious, but it worked exactly as promised. I have used it to poke holes in several things now, and I really like the convenience and added certainty of being able to clamp nearly anything securely in place to drill, saw, or route.
What jig is that you used for the holes?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-25-2019, 05:30 AM)fredhargis Wrote: What jig is that you used for the holes?

Appears to be this system...
UJK Parf Guide Drilling System
Yep, one and the same. Works pretty well. Holes come out square to one another. I know there are router and pegboard applications that do the same thing, perhaps faster, but this is pretty good for working with a variety of depths. Wondering if I can find a 3/4" bit with the same shaft diameter for traditional bench accessories as well.