These were hiding inside a 2 x 4
I thought I would try pine pens and, as you would expect, the soft growth sanded differently than the hard growth so you can feel as well as see the grain. I also think the dyes, especially the purple, are too strong.

On the other hand, my wife says she loves all of them.

Attached Files Image(s)

We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
All I know is you have done some beautiful work with the pine segmented turnings.
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I don't think the purple dye is too strong. In the photos they are a rich color that is really eye catching. Nice job!
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Nuthin' wrong with any of those....

Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Someone sure went through a lot of trouble hiding those in a 2x4.