New to me work bench
Dang! That sure is nice looking and BIG. I suppose your hobby is building Christmas scenes inside walnut shells.
Looks like a good bench, nice looking tail vise there!
Yes
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
That explains the strong breeze - all the air flowing into the vacuum you've created.  What a deal!
The tool gods are smiling on you lately.  Great finds.
I am pretty happy about this one.
Pictures of the other two deals.

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-30-2019, 11:54 PM)Shawn Stennett Wrote: Pictures of the other two deals.

I hope you wore a mask when you picked them up. Nice!!
Bruce.
I am trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do now. Do I keep both the tormek and the jet.... also should I replace the front vise? I have had a set of Benchcrafted vices in my cabinet for almost seven years... holy moly.... and they were supposed to go into a bench build I have two 5”x10” x 8’ ash slabs I had cut and dried.
(05-28-2019, 09:23 AM)Shawn Stennett Wrote: The drawers were just put in there and not space out correctly hence the funny look.

YOU DEFIANTLY SUCK!!
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
(06-01-2019, 10:11 PM)Shawn Stennett Wrote: I am trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do now.  Do I keep both the tormek and the jet....  also should I replace the front vise?   I have had a set of Benchcrafted vices in my cabinet for almost seven years... holy moly.... and they were supposed to go into a bench build I have two 5”x10” x 8’ ash slabs I had cut and dried.

If you turn, then the Jet is a keeper. Just make sure that you straighten it up before you use it. In the picture, the motor is rotated so that the wheel are not aligned with the Wolverine bases. Also, double check the WV tool rest in the pic for flatness. The older ones had a bulge over the weld for the table that needed to be flattened before use or it would doubt your sharpening skills. A few minutes with a mill smooth files works wonders on that rest.

Those ash slabs have me wondering where you live.
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.