I made a dumb error
I saw a Delta 34-444 on CL for $100 and I had to buy it so I did. When I went to move it I was gonna remove the motor...it was hard wired instead if the plug some have. When I went to remove the ground screw I dropped the screw in the motor where the pliers are sticking. Is there a best way to handle this before I screw something up further? 
Signed-embarrassed.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Another dumb error, I forgot to add the pic.

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-28-2019, 08:42 PM)Scott W Wrote: Another dumb error, I forgot to add the pic.
Is that the screw in the hole without the bushing ?  If so try a tweezers.  If not turn that side down and try to shake out.   Roly
I dropped the screw in the hole that's in the red circle. I tried to shake the motor but I can't get the screw out. I can hear it moving, and the pulley moves freely so maybe it doesn't even matter. I'm just afraid to remove anything else without direction from somebody who knows more than me about it.

Attached Files Image(s)

How about trying one of those small telescoping magnets - maybe Harbor Freight has them for cheap?

Doug
You'll want to remove that screw. Any way you can.
(05-28-2019, 11:35 PM)Tapper Wrote: How about trying one of those small telescoping magnets - maybe Harbor Freight has them for cheap?

Doug

Magnet may be the way to go.  If Tapper’s telescoping idea doesn’t work, try a much larger one and try to grab it through the housing and slide it to  the opening.  Maybe a cloth between the housing and strong magnet so as to not scratch the housing.  May not work... may magnetize the housing, too.

The OWWM forum has several threads on dismantling the motor.
You could try putting a magnet over the hole and then trying to shake the motor to see if the screw migrates over to the magnet. It's conceivable that the screw may never do any damage with the motor running, but probably not something to chance in the long run. You could also try blowing some compressed air to see if that moves it along with the magnet to catch it.

All else failing, you would need to remove one of the end bells and get it out that way. OWWM is also a good resource for help.
(05-28-2019, 11:49 PM)daddo Wrote: You'll want to remove that screw.  Any way you can.

I'll second this......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Just open the motor and remove the screw. It's a simple process. Any igit can do it.
Semper fi,
Brad