Bump for Rob Hanson
Rob,

Thanks for the update. Having lived through a natural disaster, albeit not as pervasive as this one, a crucial thing to focus on is your health, both physical and mental. Between the environmental exposure and the stress, the toll on you can be tremendous.

Please take care of yourself and your wife during this trying time. 

It may sound trite, but one of the things that helped us after the storm was a movie called "Meet the Robinsons".  We went to see it as a means of getting our minds off of the storm.  The basic treatise was "Keep Moving Forward". We had many days in the recovery where that was literally the only thing keeping us on track.

It was a little thing, but when faced with a catastrophic event sometimes all you have are the little things.

Good luck to you and your family.  Please keep in touch, and don't hesitate to PM me even if you just want to vent.
chris
Thanks for taking the time to write all that out, Rob. That's just not the kind of thing you'll ever hear on the news.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
If anyone has good contact info for Rob, please make sure that he knows that tomorrow (Monday 10/21) is the deadline to file damage claims for this fire (per Fox radio news this evening).

I really hope that he knows and has filed, but the radio was saying that many people did not get the forms due to expired or out of date USPS mailing forwarding instructions.

According to Fox news, people can file online in just a few minutes as long as they do it tomorrow. If they miss the deadline, then they are not eligible for any financial help for rebuilding (from PG&E, if I understood the brief news report correctly).

The Evanfalls Studio website seems to be down.

I really hope that they are doing okay.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-20-2019, 08:31 PM)iclark Wrote: If anyone has good contact info for Rob, please make sure that he knows that tomorrow (Monday 10/21) is the deadline to file damage claims for this fire (per Fox radio news this evening).

I really hope that he knows and has filed, but the radio was saying that many people did not get the forms due to expired or out of date USPS mailing forwarding instructions.

According to Fox news, people can file online in just a few minutes as long as they do it tomorrow. If they miss the deadline, then they are not eligible for any financial help for rebuilding (from PG&E, if I understood the brief news report correctly).

The Evanfalls Studio website seems to be down.

I really hope that they are doing okay.

I do, and I will pass this on to him. Thanks.

[EDIT] Done, sent to Rob
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(10-20-2019, 08:44 PM)Aram Wrote: I do, and I will pass this on to him. Thanks.

[EDIT] Done, sent to Rob

Thank you, Ivan, for your concern, Aram and Steve for shooting me some email. And Yes we do have this covered and thank you for checking in, it's not a deadline that we would want to miss.

Yes, my websites down right now. My hosting company has decided to discontinue my old service and upgrade my service to something that costs three times more than what I was paying, and we are not finished dickering over that. I will not be paying what they propose. But don't toss out those bookmarks yet, because I'm sure I'll have it back up in the near future. And at a price for hosting that I feel is appropriate.

Still moving forward, it's slow, but forward. We are healthy, and becoming accustomed to the new normal.

Self-employment in the woodworking tool business is unlikely for the foreseeable future. I may return at some future time with some form of side hustle, but it won't be what I was doing before. For now, it's one day at a time, but that's progress.

We won't be returning to Paradise California, it was fun while it lasted.

Very glad to hear that you got it covered.

Progress is progress - even if it sometimes seems as many steps back as forwards.

best wishes,
Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-21-2019, 11:03 AM)Rob Hanson Wrote: Thank you, Ivan, for your concern, Aram and Steve for shooting me some email. And Yes we do have this covered and thank you for checking in, it's not a deadline that we would want to miss.

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just a website update,

Upon further investigation, our internet hosting company has left me non-plussed. Not my second rodeo on this... 
Sarcasm

That said, We are on Instagram. @evenfallstudios 

Web traffic has really faded back in the last few years anyway. I'm not feeling like maintaining it for the cost vs traffic volume.  My plate is very full as is.

I have pulled all the old tool posts off Insta. The place is a little empty.  I am not up and woodworking as yet but I will in time. 

If I can sort out how to help people subscribe to our newsletter, I'll post it on Insta.

Thanks!

Rob, you certainly have had a rough trot over the past year (is it a year, or more?). I do wish you the very best in collecting your life together and moving forward again. Do you have any plans you can share with us? Concerned friends do want to know.

Warm regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(10-25-2019, 11:34 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Rob, you certainly have had a rough trot over the past year (is it a year, or more?). I do wish you the very best in collecting your life together and moving forward again. Do you have any plans you can share with us? Concerned friends do want to know.

Warm regards from Perth

Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your understanding. Yes, it has been a tough year. This coming November 8th will be a full year to the day.

Plans really are just to get life back on an even keel. We still live in an area which has been heavily impacted by this fire, and it will take some time for it all to work out. For everyone involved, life isn't the same. It takes time to sort this all out, and the work after the fire was daunting. We are ok.

It is time to put some time between us and fire related things. In the mean time, we intend to take it light, heal and try to have fun along the way. We have done enough heavy for awhile. California is enough as it is.

I have closed my website. I still own the domains and have the content backed up for now. This includes the Woodworks Library as well.  I'm not in business, not on the web, and that's ok for now. I am on Instagram: @evenfallstudios and I am not a ball of fire on there. Maybe someday I'll feel different. I have thousands of tools out there worldwide, all from a one man shop that used to be in Paradise, CA. That's a nice accomplishment. Chilling and doing fun things sounds good for the forseeable future. 
Cool