Acanthus Marquetry
This is one of my latest panels:

Attached Files Image(s)

Great job Paul! Takes a lot of talent to do that.
Frank
Beautiful

and 17 more
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I like it!

17 character post fix
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
That is stunning. Beautiful work.
Totally gorgeous!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Beautiful workmanship
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I've waited days so I could think of something really unique to say....well....I'm speechless!  So:

beautiful work!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
The work was cut in Boulle Method. Veneers were superimposed, one atop another, and the whole packet sawn in one go. For this panel I chose Quilted Maple (Western Soft Maple) and Cherry for the acanthus. A black background was chosen. I wanted a little splash of white up near the top, so for that a small piece (2 actually) of Hard Rock Maple was chosen. The HRM was put in the packet much like we put a pickle in a sandwich. I use 1/8” MDF for the tops and bottoms of my packet, so the construction looked like this:
1- 1/8” MDF
2- one layer black dyed Gum
3- second layer black dyed gum
4- one layer Western Soft Maple (quilted)
5- one layer Cherry
6- HRM partial layer
7- HRM partial layer
8- 1/8” MDF
9- Nails in each corner NE, SE, NW, SW
I sawed the design with a 21” parallel arm scroll saw using a 2/0 blade. My design inspiration was the 17th Century painter, Jacques Stella.
Here you can see the packet complete and ready to saw.
Bonus Big Internet Bucks Contest!!
Somewhere I have to execute the first penetration of the packet. I need a hole into which the 2/0 blade will begin cutting the design. Guess where? I choose locations of this type strategically.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here you can see the packet being sawn. There are two white layers discernible. As I recall, those were layers of paper I inserted to fix the Hard Rock Maple partial layer into place.
To the left we can see the “goblet” flower. That’s the basic area that the bright white will appear, though the goblet flower itself isn’t actually a part of that variation. I will reference the goblet flower again, so try to recognize it on sight.

Attached Files Image(s)