Radial Arm Saw Help
Don’t be too quick to get that rebate.  Despite the poor reputation the Craftsman RAS has, it is still a tool that can be a benefit in the shop.

Much of its reputation can be attributed to the fact that the RAS has so much versatility that it has a plethora of adjustments.  Sears, Montgomery Wards, JC Penneys and others sold these to anyone that walked in the store.  Only Dewalt had a certified class on how to set them up and use them. As MstrCarpenter said, a lot of people skip the basic steps of installation, there is no way we can expect them to have completed the more nuanced areas of adjustments.

They do not have the amount of iron and steel as the early Dewalts, Deltas and such, but properly tuned and adjusted they will do what they were designed to do, and do it well.
A lot of good work was done with the Craftsman RAS. Norm Abram’s RAS in his early videos was a Craftsman.  Gary Rogowski’s RAS was a Craftsman.

Get the Mr. Sawdust book that Arlin cited, it will give you a lot of insight in using the RAS, but for set up it is Dewalt specific.
For accurate set up and adjustments for the Craftsman, get the Jon Eakes book.
If you take the time to set it up correctly, the Craftsman RAS will give you accurate, repeatable cuts for the life of the tool.

P.S.  owner’s manuals are available at the old woodworking machinery website... a good place to start.
Had quite a few CM ras's. A few to just upgrade the one I had, and other bought to resell or send in for $100. 
With that model, I would turn in for $100. Not one of their better models.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer