accessories for Dewalt jobsite saw
I bought a Dewalt jobsite saw for use on my vacation home and I then intend to use it for woodworking. What acessories have you made or bought to make it better? I know the miter gauge stinks so I will use my Dewalt slider miter saw for angle cuts
A trick I learned on that saw was the weakness of the fence and how I made it work for me. The problem is getting it squared to the blade and how much it can get out of square. Fitting a new inset door to an existing out of square FF, I purposely bumped the fence to match the FF. It worked. No shims or freehand.
Bill 
I would say that the best accessory I made was a zero clearance insert. I actually made a few at 1 time. These help when ripping narrow strips.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Thanks. Any more ideas?
(06-04-2019, 07:47 AM)johndeerefarmer Wrote: Thanks. Any more ideas?

An adjustable roller stand for the outfeed.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Huh? Are you sure you’re talking about the right saw ?

Dewalt’s fence has been one of the best in the business since it debuted approx 20yrs ago. The rack/pinion was groundbreaking at the time as was the flipping work support when the fence left the table. The fine adj. knob wasn’t some small, fiddly affair that is hard to use either.

The saws are very well aligned from the factory and the vast majority of people don’t even want to cut out of square. A taper jig would be a better solution most times. Even so, fence adjustment is two Allen Head screws on the back rail. What’s so difficult about loosening them and pivoting the fence ? I’m sure that’s all covered in the manual if it wasn’t noticeable at quick glance. Wouldn’t call that a weakness at all.
(06-08-2019, 08:26 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Huh? Are you sure you’re talking about the right saw ?

Dewalt’s fence has been one of the best in the business ...

GEB may have been referring to the miter gauge fence, since that was the saw's weakness mentioned by the OP, and putting the rip fence out of square would not have the described effect.
(06-08-2019, 08:58 AM)Alan S Wrote: GEB may have been referring to the miter gauge fence, since that was the saw's weakness mentioned by the OP, and putting the rip fence out of square would not have the described effect.

Sure it would. 

A std. size miter gauge would be a poor choice to put a taper on a cabinet door no matter how well it was made.

And GEB specifically said "weakness of the fence". Besides you'd never be able to support a door off the table of this saw with a miter gauge anyway.