Can you fix a Magnetic switch
Have a 3 year old big Grizzly bandsaw 636X 5hp, used very little, a few  months ago suddenly stopped in middle of a long EASY cut, thought it was a loose misaligned upper door switch, but no. got to messing with it yesterday and resetting the thermal load switch, it hummed and tried to start, with a manual spin of the upper wheel it got up to speed fine. shut it off and now won't do anything.  The magnetic switch and thermal load module are in a separate box on the back down by the motor, the key/on/off switches are in a separate position on the front, so OTC magnetic switch not an answer, and it is 30A 5hp.  By their web site Grizzly does not have the complete magnetic switch/thermal load module available.  Do these units fail in a predictable and fixable manner?   Any shared experience, thoughts or advise?
Ray
unplug, check each connection, blow out all boxes, contact spray on contacts, etc.

Does motor have a centrifugal switch?  Same treatment as above.

Next step is multimeter testing.  

That's what I'd do.
Laugh 

Standard internet warranty applies
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
If the motor spun up after a push (hopefully not pushing the blade), then I would suspect the start cap or centrifugal switch same as Wild Turkey.
(06-06-2019, 06:03 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: If the motor spun up after a push (hopefully not pushing the blade), then I would suspect the start cap or centrifugal switch same as Wild Turkey.

+2  It is not the magnetic starter causing the problem.   Roly