Bandsaw Jig for making tool handles

A quick and easy jig that allows you to cut multi-faceted chisel handles on the bandsaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkFxkWYZCI
  Re: Bandsaw Jig for making tool handles by Ohio Mike (A quick and easy jig...)
(06-08-2019, 07:23 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: A quick and easy jig that allows you to cut multi-faceted chisel handles on the bandsaw.

Pretty slick, and good for those who don't turn, or who prefer the flats on handles.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-08-2019, 07:23 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: A quick and easy jig that allows you to cut multi-faceted chisel handles on the bandsaw.

Funny, I watched this on YouTube this morning. Really impressed with his ingenuity and inspiration for those of us who do not turn or want to invest in a lathe. Something to try in the future.

Cheers
  Re: RE: Bandsaw Jig for making tool handles by Teak ([quote='Ohio Mike' p...)
(06-08-2019, 06:57 PM)Teak Wrote: Funny, I watched this on YouTube this morning. Really impressed with his ingenuity and inspiration for those of us who do not turn or want to invest in a lathe. Something to try in the future.

Cheers

But a 50 cent handle is a perfect excuse to buy a $4,000 lathe!
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
  Re: RE: Bandsaw Jig for making tool handles by SceneryMaker ([quote='Teak' pid='7...)
(06-09-2019, 09:53 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: But a 50 cent handle is a perfect excuse to buy a $4,000 lathe!

Laugh
  Re: RE: Bandsaw Jig for making tool handles by SceneryMaker ([quote='Teak' pid='7...)
(06-09-2019, 09:53 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: But a 50 cent handle is a perfect excuse to buy a $4,000 lathe!

And if she has this look on her face  Big eek Big eek then go for a cheaper $2000 one.  Yes Yes
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  

Bingo.  Sounds more than reasonable to me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-10-2019, 02:26 PM)Admiral Wrote: Bingo.  Sounds more than reasonable to me.

Thoroughly logical to me.
g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

If hummus is made from Garbanzo beans, why isn't it called Garbanzus?
I've turned a few round handles, but I could see some band sawn ones in my future
I thought that was slick.

I only wanted a lathe to make a cane or two.  Then... I bought a spoke shave.  Spent several quiet days in the shop and made a pretty nice one.  I was happy with the way it turned out.  Laugh  I have been thinking about another one for THIS winter's project.  I have to finish Miss T's Sewing Chest and the Dog's corner castle.. ( Rolleyes  Geez, don't ask.)
Jim in Virginia
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.