Bandsaw Jig for making tool handles
A quick and easy jig that allows you to cut multi-faceted chisel handles on the bandsaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUkFxkWYZCI
(06-08-2019, 06:23 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: A quick and easy jig that allows you to cut multi-faceted chisel handles on the bandsaw.

Pretty slick, and good for those who don't turn, or who prefer the flats on handles.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-08-2019, 06:23 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: A quick and easy jig that allows you to cut multi-faceted chisel handles on the bandsaw.

Funny, I watched this on YouTube this morning. Really impressed with his ingenuity and inspiration for those of us who do not turn or want to invest in a lathe. Something to try in the future.

Cheers
(06-08-2019, 05:57 PM)Teak Wrote: Funny, I watched this on YouTube this morning. Really impressed with his ingenuity and inspiration for those of us who do not turn or want to invest in a lathe. Something to try in the future.

Cheers

But a 50 cent handle is a perfect excuse to buy a $4,000 lathe!
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(06-09-2019, 08:53 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: But a 50 cent handle is a perfect excuse to buy a $4,000 lathe!

Laugh
(06-09-2019, 08:53 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: But a 50 cent handle is a perfect excuse to buy a $4,000 lathe!

And if she has this look on her face 
Big eek
Big eek then go for a cheaper $2000 one. 
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Bingo.  Sounds more than reasonable to me.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-10-2019, 01:26 PM)Admiral Wrote: Bingo.  Sounds more than reasonable to me.

Thoroughly logical to me.
g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I've turned a few round handles, but I could see some band sawn ones in my future
I thought that was slick.

I only wanted a lathe to make a cane or two.  Then... I bought a spoke shave.  Spent several quiet days in the shop and made a pretty nice one.  I was happy with the way it turned out. 
Laugh  I have been thinking about another one for THIS winter's project.  I have to finish Miss T's Sewing Chest and the Dog's corner castle.. (
Rolleyes  Geez, don't ask.)
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.