Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540

Yankee Hand drill....Marked by the factory as a #540 but has many of the features of the outstanding Yankee #1540 FIVE position transmission. Good chuck looks like it can take up to a 1/2" bit...The top portion of the handle is removable and can accept a breast drill attachment...The side handle was missing when I acquired it but I had an extra "Chef's hat" knob in my junk box..it doesn't thread in all the way but a new,  longer handle could be made easily if desired...This is a serious, heavy drill, definitely NOT a toy,,I will remove the handles when I ship it so it will fit into a reasonably sized box......Here's a link that will explain it better than I can......

http://thevalleywoodworker.blogspot.com/...-hand.html
And another...........
https://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodw...erlatives/

Priced at $45.00 which includes shipping...USA sale only {sorry} Paypal only...Thanks for looking.

I love the Corps for those intangible possessions that cannot be
issued: pride, honor, integrity, and being able to carry on the
traditions for generations of warriors past. [Cpl. Jeff Sornij, USMC;
in Navy Times, November 1994]

Jack Edgar, Sgt. USMC Korean War 51/52
Get off my lawn ! Upset

Re: Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540 by Timberwolf (Yankee Hand drill......)
Just to clarify, does it have the 5 position transmission?

Mark

Re: RE: Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540 by msweig (Just to clarify, doe...)
(06-13-2019, 12:48 PM)msweig Wrote: Just to clarify, does it have the 5 position transmission?  

Mark

Yes...I stated that it had the five in the first part of the post.. Big Grin...Not very clearly tho, I admit.... Crazy

Get off my lawn ! Upset

Re: Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540 by Timberwolf (Yankee Hand drill......)
I have a 1545.  Those things are mechanical marvels.   Yes
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

http://blazinbladesscrollers.webs.com/
Can I have the board it is on. Yes
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
(06-13-2019, 12:48 PM)msweig Wrote: Just to clarify, does it have the 5 position transmission?  

Mark
The 540 is identical to the 1540, but for the chuck. The 540 has a two-jaw chuck, like a brace, while the 1540 has the three-jaw chuck.
  Re: RE: Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540 by Arlin Eastman (Can I have the board...)
(06-13-2019, 05:22 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Can I have the board it is on. Yes
I better keep that one Arlin,.,,Its a piece of an 800yr old Sinker Cypress....... I can't bring myself to cut it!!!!!Winkgrin Big Grin

Get off my lawn ! Upset

Re: RE: Thursday Blue Light Special..The amazing #540 by Greg Jones ([quote='msweig' pid=...)
(06-13-2019, 06:22 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: The 540 is identical to the 1540, but for the chuck. The 540 has a two-jaw chuck, like a brace, while the 1540 has the three-jaw chuck.

Thanks Mark..no wonder it looked so similar!!!! Winkgrin

Get off my lawn ! Upset

PM and funds sent