FYI Klingspoor
I ordered a bunch of stuff from them about a week ago and decided to include their 20 pound box of sanding belt odd cutoffs. Opened it up and close to 80% were 3" wide belts. Cloth backed and made in germany. Seem to be very good quality. i will be able to get at least $200 worth of belts to fit my Performax 16-32. No guarantee you will get anything to fit a sander you have, but worked out very good for me considering I was expecting much shorter odd ends I planned on using to do sanding on the lathe anyway. Almost like winning the lottery
When I lived in Charlotte, I would frequent "The Woodworking Store" run by Klingspor regularly (I think they closed it since), and I can second that their cutoff boxes of stuff are well worth throwing the dice on; I've always been pleasantly surprised with what I got in these boxes; also, in the store there was a bin filled with loose cutoffs sold by the pound, and 18 years later I'm still using abrasives I picked out of that bin!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I got a box of Klingspor cutoffs about 15 years ago.  I still have some of it left.  The box contained a significant number of belts that fit my Ridgid belt/spindle combo machine.  Still have many of those left, and they last forever if you keep them clean.

Those boxes won't fill every need on abrasives, but they are fun to pick through and there's been countless times when I just go tear off a scrap for various projects, both woodworking and non-woodworking.
For several years our scroll saw club would give away one of these boxes as a door prize at our annual picnic and Christmas party.  It kind of became a running gag with the members as to who was next in line for a lifetime supply of sand paper.  I got one probably 8-10 years ago and still have most of it, as do all the other recipients of it over the years.  
Laugh   

But it does come in handy for some things.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

5 years ago I ordered a box of the small rolls of scraps.  It was gone in 2 years with the guys and gals using it like toilet paper but it sure was nice to have it while it lasted.  Then Slav J gave us about 180 pounds of it and all we have left now is the big 80" to 180" belts left of 40 and 60 grit.  We will never use that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It’s been closed close to 10yrs now.
Geeze Arlin, you guys really should try corn cobs or spring for some charmin. Using that sandpaper like toilet paper must truly be roughing it.
(06-15-2019, 07:08 AM)jasfrank Wrote: Geeze Arlin, you guys really should try corn cobs or spring for some charmin. Using that sandpaper like toilet paper must truly be roughing it.

Shoulda limited 'em to one sheet per customer...
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-15-2019, 07:08 AM)jasfrank Wrote: Geeze Arlin, you guys really should try corn cobs or spring for some charmin. Using that sandpaper like toilet paper must truly be roughing it.

I am saving the 40g and 60g for the Marines.  Us Air Force guys need 5000g and up.  Army they just do not know what TP means. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Only women use Charmin.
Smirk
Smirk
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-16-2019, 10:37 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am saving the 40g and 60g for the Marines.  Us Air Force guys need 5000g and up.  Army they just do not know what TP means. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Only women use Charmin.
Smirk
Smirk

Good one Arlin, I would like to know what the Navy uses.

Tom